All reviews breakfast room is yogurt clean rooms mini fridge short drive sea world mission bay walmart mattresses
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

The Pleasant Inn is a motel style inn right off the I-805. The property and room was clean. Our room on the back side was quiet. The bed is very soft..some will love this, but those like us who like a firm mattress will be bothered by sinking into the bed. Staff was friendly and helpful. Many restaurants and tourist sites are within a short drive. The breakfast is coffee, juice, cereal, waffles, toast, hardboiled eggs, yogurt, and muffins.

Now for the quirky parts...the front parking and entrance is very tight and the halls are a narrow 3 foot wide. We could barely squeeze by the maid's cart while trying to get to our room with our luggage. There are proposition 65 warning signs posted. You need your key to enter and then are met by a gentleman whose only job appears to be to ask for and record your room number.

Overall, a good choice if you are looking for an economical hotel in the area.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dewitt_traveler
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

This is a pretty good hotel. The location is good, with easy access to the highway and close to the airport. The neighborhood seems safe. The rooms are clean, and the hotel is pretty well kept. The motel has plenty of parking spots, very narrow though. A basic breakfast is included, they serve waffles, pastries, cereals, milk, etc. However, my only issues are related to the breakfast. The hotel staff attending the breakfast area was rude.. first day I arrived at 8.45 am, and breakfast is served until 9.30 am, but the waffles batter was already gone. I asked a staff member if it is pissible ti I have a cup of batter for my kiddo, and visibly irritated she answered with a blunt "No", turned around and left without providing any explanation. Also, water is not available, they only serve juices. I had to bring water from the room each morning, so I can drink at breakfast.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Genghis K
Reviewed August 9, 2017

No longer under the Best Western logo, but still clean as a pin, reasonably priced, and COMFORTABLE. The beds are incredibly comfortable. I travel a LOT and I love the beds here. Clean and affordable-- well located and friendly.

Room tip: the staff are multi lingual and are anxious to help everyone.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2017

The hotel is just off of the 805 freeway, literally. As I pulled into the parking lot, in front there were homeless people's shopping carts lined up along the lot. The building looks, well, I'll say it, dingy.

Having no other alternative, and believe me, I wracked my brain hoping one would come to me, I parked and checked in.

It's probably akin to Motel 8, but I wouldn't know. I guess this experience made me realize I may be a snob.

The room was clean, and I realized how clean when, as I walked across the carpeted room into the tiled bathroom that I left footprints. The carpet was so wet with deodorizer that it was sopping wet.

Well, it was late, and I had a very early morning business meeting, so I hit the hay. Oh, but not for long, first, I had to pile everything I could find onto the A/C unit to reduce the rattling sounds. Which continued intermittently through the hot night.

Then, the mini fridge roared to life about 3am. I thought I was on the freeway getting hit by a freightrain..in hindsight, that may have been better than this hotel.

Yes, you get what you pay for, and yes, for San Diego, it's a steal. But really, this stay taught me a lesson - a safe, comfortable bed and room, is far more worth paying extra cash, than going cheapo.

So yeah, I guess I'm a snob.

Room tip: Room 202, soggy carpets, noisy fridge and noisy A/C. Bed was too soft and mushy. Clearly had been a deodorized former smoking room.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Tina E
Reviewed July 7, 2017

Spent a few nights over the July 4th holiday, the location is close to freeway but slightly noisy at night as the building is facing the main road.

The minute we checked into our NON-smoking room, there's an odor and to make things worse, the carpet was sticky...the side of the table, the bed board were sticky too. :(((

The room is small and toilet is dated. The room didn't even have a luggage rack! The beds and pillows were both uncomfortable and didn't sleep well.

Breakfast is OK, unfortunately there is only ONE waffler maker and everyone is waiting in line inside the small breakfast area.

It was an average of $120/night over the weekend!! This surely didn't worth the price.

Date of stay: July 2017