8 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$272
Hotels.comUS$272
PricelineUS$272
Embassy SuitesUS$272
TravelocityUS$272
Agoda.comUS$297
3,259 results
All reviews seaport village evening reception great location uss midway made to order breakfast breakfast and happy hour indoor pool san diego bay cocktail hour valet parking convention center within walking distance free breakfast living room the breakfast area per night family vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2019

A 7 night stay on a premium floor (7) with a city/ bay view, and a sliding glass door, allowing me to add fresh air at night. Complimentary bufobreakfast included a prepped line and a made to order which had excellent variety of choices to
Add to omelettes .i did tip the chefs each morning. Evening reception included drinks and snacks. One night there was broccoli cheddar soup( excellent) in addition to munchies, fresh carrots/cucumber slices with hummus and ranch dressing. Veggies were standard . Staff in breakfast area and reception area were very attentive to clearing, cleaning, and available for assistance
Uber and public transportation was easily obtained and waiting under the entry area was a plus in rain. All workers in that area assisted with baggage, Uber/taxi, local info and directions in a professional yet friendly manner. I felt at ease entering and leaving due to their presence. It is walkable to restaurants, marina, seaport village, and many other areas. A desk agent also suggested Sharp medical urgent care which he had experienced, when I needed it. The central location is close to Gaslamp area, Balboa Park and other areas.
The inside pool is a decent size( heavily chlorinated so I didn’t spend time in that area) . There was a hot tub in a semi enclosed area just off of the pool. The on-site restaurant had a variety of appetizers, and entrees, and I overheard about a children’s menu. It had a relaxed bar vibe, with friendly attentive service.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Debra V
Reviewed May 28, 2019

We always stay at the Embassy Suites when we travel because we normally know what to expect. This was all we expected except the hidden cost of parking ($50) and a roach infestation. We definitely didn't expect to see a roach on the 9th floor of a hotel pricing it's rooms close to $400 a night. This was an unpleasant surprise to say the lease. I wanted to talk to the front desk about it but it was so crowded at the front desk when we were leaving, I didn't have time to discuss this. I don't know if it's possible but some kind of compensation would be highly appreciated since the roach truly depreciated the value. We felt overcharged. No disrespect but there were several roach motel jokes with my friends. I would love to tell them how Hilton Honors heard my discomfort and corrected it in some manner but for now, the story remains it's a beautiful location but not as clean as it appears. I would be happy to post a better review of my stay on my FB, Instagram, and Twitter pages. I also have yet to update my yelp profile with the picture of the roach with wings. The resonse by Hilton Honors will determine our next action and future business dealing.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Brian R
Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. It has a great location. There is 2 downsides, the first being that the area is swamped with homeless and the second is the cost of $50 per day car parking which is a disgrace. When we booked the hotel that wasn’t the advertised cost.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank 1weetwood
Reviewed May 21, 2019

Our room had a decent view of the USS Midway. We also had a view of the building under construction which will block the view in the near future. Over all a nice hotel and location but a little over priced on weekend nights.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank lrcreach
Reviewed May 16, 2019

Located in a great spot. A few blocks from the Gaslamp District and across the street from the pier. Safe neighborhood for walking/running, both early morning and late night. Comfy clean rooms. helpful staff.

• Trip type: Travelled on business