Hampton Inn San Diego - Kearny Mesa
US$509
Marriott Hotels
US$109
  • Breakfast included
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$495
US$429
  • Pool
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$209
  • Pool
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$590
Travelocity
US$799
US$549
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$201
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Diego Bayfront(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$288
US$219
US$199
US$279
US$181
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsthe breakfast areacomplimentary breakfast iswaffle makerclean hotelfitness centerexercise roomoutdoor poolhotel circlefresh fruitbusiness travelerbed was very comfortablegreat place to stayminute drivebusiness tripconvenient locationeasy accessbalboa park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My husband and I came to San Diego for a rest. This hotel definitly facilitated that need. The bed is , quite honestly, the best I have ever slept on. They use duvets instead of those awful bed cover-things older hotels use. The pillows are full, firm but comfy. The staff cleaned well and clearly left 'our stuff' alone. There is a fidge in the closet and grocery stores nearby (not walking distance though) to get any special items you may want or need. The hotel is right by the hwy 163 junction so getting anywhere is really relatively easy. The staff were very helpful, courteous, efficient and happy. All the staff seemed to genuinely like working there which says a lot to me about how they will do their jobs. They always had hot coffee and water available as well as coffee maker in the room. It was just easier to go downstairs and get water when it was already done for us. Though this hotel is rightnear the freeway and airports,it is very quiet (I am very noise sensitive) and we had a real restful visit. The staff were very knowledgable about the city and had great tips for where to eat, shop, site see etc. We stayed a week at this hotel and every day it was the same, quiet, calm, happy. There was a shriner's convention staying there on the weekend and we did not hear anything from them.
Breakfasts were from 6 am-10 am and always had eggs and another hot item, waffles ( not eggo, real ones!) Fresh fruit, various cold cereals, real hot porridge, bagels, muffins, toast, english muffins and more. Juice, milk, coffee and tea. The breakfast lady is very nice and works hard to keep it well stocked and fresh. The eating aa is not that large but also not cramped and it seemed to work. There is no hot tub but the pool is beautiful and clean. Parking was easy and a gas station is litterally 2 doors down from the hotel.
Though this hotel is not downtown, I would rather stay here as a 'hub' for my trip than get stuck in downtown traffic every day. I hope you find this helpful and you enjoy your stay as much as we did. Its cheaper on the weekends by-the-way :-)

Room Tip: First floor is rather busy so probably not very quiet. 5th floor was fabulous!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mzbrendat
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I was solo and wanted a clean, nice place to stay, for a few days. This location and nice area exceeded my expectations and than some. Nice morning breakfast and nice room.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I've now stayed here on two separate trips and after this second stay, I'd definitely recommend this hotel. It is very clean, inside and out. Check-in is quick, there is plenty of free parking and an entrance in the front and in the back (with your room key), making it easy to get to your room. Again, clean rooms, comfortable bed and huge tv. There is complimentary breakfast, which I tried this time, and they had a great variety of hot and cold food. There is a wonderful, large fish tank in the lobby as well, which I love. I visited Christmas weekend, and there was a beautiful Christmas tree in the lobby, and I was wished a Merry Christmas that morning by a staff member passing in the hall-very nice! The only negatives I can mention are that it is a little farther away from the main hotel area, but it's right off the freeway so it makes it easy to get anywhere, and that the windows don't open. Not a big deal, but it's a minor annoyance if you're someone like me and would prefer a little fresh air over using the a/c sometimes. I will be considering this hotel again the next time I stay in San Diego.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank luv2travel022
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Stayed here on business because the Residence Inn next door was full. Nice clean hotel, rooms are nice, everything was great. It will be even better soon, they are building a pool.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Stayed here for the convenience to a meeting I had the following day down the road. I was very pleasantly surprised. It is a Hampton, so the only downside are if you are looking for a full-service hotel with room-service and restaurants.

The room was very, very nice. If someone blindfolded me and took it off in the room and asked what type of hotel was I in, I would have guessed Marriott or Hilton or something of the like. Spacious, very comfortable bed. New flat screen, clean.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business