Handlery Hotel San Diego
US$489
US$469
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$181
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$201
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$470
  • Room Service
US$549
US$467
Fairmont.com
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$167
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$199
Travelocity
1,293 results
All reviewsold townthe shuttle driverfashion valley mallfree shuttlepool areasea worldlocal attractionsmission valleyan older hotelgreat poolpool and hot tubbalboa parkyogurtzooseaworldtrolleydowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family of three arrived at the Handlery for a one night stay prior to our visit to the San Diego Zoo. I was eight months pregnant and carrying my sleeping two year old, while my husband pushed most of our luggage on the stroller. It was late afternoon, and the hotel was mostly empty.

I can't imagine the lady who checked us in being less helpful. She checked us into a room on the second floor, with no elevator access...and she had absolutely no qualms about it. "It's just one flight of stairs," she told us.

Seriously?

Our actual room wasn't much better. The sliding glass doors to the patio did little to block the sound and draft of the freeway, which was right outside. The bathroom was small, and the sink stank badly from some kind of blockage. I'd say the most disgusting part of the room was the mini fridge: It clearly hadn't been plugged in for quite a while, which I didn't realize until I opened its door to a warm putrid blast of air in my face. At least it was empty, I guess?

Although the hotel did offer free in-and-out parking, the parking attendant seemed generally irritated that we were pulling him away from whatever Netflix show he was watching on his phone as we tried to figure out which slot to put our ticket into...

I wouldn't stay here again. I wouldn't recommend it to friends or enemies. No one should have to waste their precious vacation time staying in a place like this.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank lepond
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived here after a week in Anaheim and the standard of the hotel was much nicer.

The reception/welcome was great, very accommodating and helpful and explained everything that we needed to know.

Up to the rooms and we were really impressed. As requested we got two rooms next to each other (as there we four of us traveling together) and this made life so much easier for my sister and brother in law to sort things out for their son (who was sharing with me). The rooms were really well maintained and had a nice balcony where we spent evenings eating dinner.

The pool area was fantastic and had good heights for people wanting different things (a dip vs laps).

There is onsite laundry facilities which is also extremely beneficial when you’re travelling for four weeks.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Kirk S, General Manager at Handlery Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Brooke-KiwiTraveller; Thanks so much for your kind words and comments about your stay with us! I was glad we were able to get your rooms next to each other for your stay! We can't thank you enough for your feedback!! We look forward to having you return soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is our first time at The Handlery, and our welcome at the reception/front desk area was absolutely fantastic! Shicara helped us check in and had such a radiant personality. As I stood in line, I noticed that she had a genuine smile for each customer, and ensured each guest that their satisfaction was important, and that she and the front desk staff was there for anything they needed. We haven’t yet stayed overnight, and I am super impressed.

After reviewing our room, we found it to be clean and charming. The pool area is well kept, with plenty of seating for lounging in the sun. I look forward to staying here for the next couple days, and experiencing more of what we have already encountered :)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Kirk S, General Manager at Handlery Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Gina S;Thanks so much for your positive comments about your stay and the staff here at the Handlery Hotel! I'll be sure to pass on your thanks, as well as mine to Shicara for her efforts. we appreciate your feedback and can't wait to have you return soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family and I stayed here the week of March 15-20th. We had two adjoining rooms. One with a king bed and cot and one with two queen beds. Both rooms were very quiet, clean, comfortable beds with nice linens. We were in Building 3. Point Loma on the 2nd floor. There are no elevators so ask for a 1st floor if you find stairs difficult. We had breakfast every morning at the hotel and it was delicious. During the weekend they have a small buffet and a la carte. The service at this hotel was outstanding, all the way from the front desk staff to the housekeepers and restaurant staff. The hotel is very well maintained. The pool is huge for a hotel pool and lots of sun chairs. There is a small café/bar at poolside but it was closed during the time we were staying there. Not the right season. I can not find one fault here and would stay here again. They have a shuttle service but we never used it so can not comment. There was ample parking and we used the services of the car rental company that are in their lobby. Everywhere we needed to go was in a short driving distance. Downtown was 10 minutes and Old Town was 5 minutes. A lovely holiday was had by all and we hope the Handlery keeps up the great work.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank debg9
Kirk S, General Manager at Handlery Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear debg9; Thanks so much for the glowing review of your stay here! I was so pleased to know that the service you received was a big part of why you enjoyed the hotel. Thanks for sharing your comments and positive feedback and we look forward to having you return soon!!

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I can't rave enough about the service at this hotel! It was not only top notch when it came to location but the breakfast was nice and so were the rooms. But the best part is that I forgot my very expensive purse in the safe and they ACTUALLY found it and RETURNED it!!! Thank you so much Irma (head of housekeeping)!! You are an angel and so was your manager for sending back my purse . I will be back again and again and hope everyone else will come there too!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Donya A
Kirk S, General Manager at Handlery Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Donya A; Thanks so much for your kind words and appreciation! I am very pleased we were able to locate and return your purse to you!. I'll pass on your thanks, as well as mine to Irma and Brigitte for their efforts. Thanks for choosing the Handlery Hotel for your stay and we look forward to seeing you again sometime soon!