“Grooooooosssss”

Mission Valley Resort
Ranked #245 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I came here with 4friends and first of all the room was so small with very little walking space. My bed had crumbs in it, the floor had chili stains on it, the shower tiles were all chipped, there was hair in my bath tub, hair in the blow dryer, a hole in the wall that was covered by a picture frame....the drawers had no handles, and my towels were wet and very small! Horrible horrible horrible don't ever wanna go there again!

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank MeganS963

Reviewed 19 February 2012

If you like this place you have very low standards. The name is a huge lie. I had no idea when booking it that you should stay clear of Hotel Circle, lesson learned. Not only was it unclean, the beds were low quality (big issue with me), the staff was slow and the restaurant next door, whom they use for their room service, should be shut down. The food sat in my stomach like a ball of lead. That is until the gas started, the whole group not just me. It ruined our get away. It's hard to enjjoy sight seeing when you feel like crap

Room Tip: Stay near the Bay, this place was just as expensive as the good hotels in town
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank JulieS575
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We just checked in..... walked to our room, keys didn't work. Went back to the front desk, they issued new keys which... you guessed it, didn't work. Maintenance had to open the door for us and whew, the foul stench that came from the room when the door was opened was stifling. It wasn't just musty but was the eye burning aroma of urine. Of course the front desk says there are no other rooms available, which I seriously doubt, as the parking lot is only 1/3 full. This place is rated a 3 star, but if you closely at the rating categories, more often than not, the customer rates this place as terrible.... so take my advice DON'T book this rat hole!!!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank dulcinea0704
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Was very disappointed with the Mission Valley Resort. I'd rank it below a Motel 6. The towels and sheets were thin, the safe in the closet had the door broken off, one of the pictures above one of the two double beds was missing. The light fixture above the sink was pitted as was the mirror. The whole place looked like it could have used an serious update. The most positive thing I could say was that the room was clean. The maids did a fine job everyday of tidying the room and the bathroom. On the weekday there was good coffee in the lobby. I would not stay at this "Resort" in the future

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mickey108
Reviewed 3 February 2012

My experience being a frequent guest of the Mission Valley Resort is always a pleasant one. The MVR is a full service hotel with the a restaurant called the Valley Kitchen which incidentally is very popular with the locals as well. The staff at this hotel cares.

The guest rooms are well appointed and very large and offer all the amenities of a five star hotel. For the rate, amenities, service and location there is not better deal than the Mission Valley Resort.

Room Tip: ask for the rooms in building 4, 5 or 6.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank SeasonedTraveler1967
Reviewed 3 February 2012

This is still a okay place to stay , but the night time staff was not so good, I check in alittle after midnight, the guy at the front desk said I almost missed out on my check in time because it was after midnight. He put me in room 556, this room smell like fresh urine, We sat on the bed and the scent was strong, called the front desk, he could not do any thing but tell me to come to the front desk and get clean sheet, I went to the front desk to get the clean sheets and found out that the sheet he gave me did not fit the bed. I waited until 7 am and called the front desk again and the morning staff move me to room 152, this was a very nice room, I still had some problems I walked around the resort and all the information on the web was not correct, they stated there a work out area, found out this has been close since 10/2011, they stated we get a free breakfast no one knew any thing about it, until my check out date I over heard a staff member telling another customer where to go to get breakfast. I was upset because when I ask the front desk they said they do not offer breakfast. Then I tried to used the computer in the hotel lobby and that was like use a tuttle and they give you 5 min to use it per guest. I use my own laptop and still had a problem connecting to the wifi. It still close to a few nice area I went to Balboa Park, This is a must see if you going to be in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank tlcbear411
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed through the second week of January and enjoyed our trip. The personnel upon check-in was remarkable. Our room was on first floor because we asked for; it had been a large room for $39, fresh and bedsheets was cool and cozy. It was also very tranquil and so our sleep was perfect. The hotel is bigger than I estimated along with the exotic backyard areas, the pool area were fun. We had booked a rental car and it was easy getting in and out from the hotel to get down to the city or the beach. We will stay here again next time at the same price I hope.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple