“Never Again”

Doubletree Hotel San Diego Downtown
Ranked #133 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 15 November 2017

The hotel is in need of a huge overhaul and thankfully I only stayed one night! In my opinion find another hotel. The hotel is dated. The carpet looks like cheap outdoor carpet that they decided to put in the guest rooms.
Do not stay in even numbered rooms 1710, 1608, etc... When you walk into your room, it sounds like you are on the freeway. I walked into my room on the 20th floor, heard the sounds of the freeway. Walked towards the window to close it and realized the window was closed. I immediately called the front desk and asked to be moved. They stated that the hotel was sold out and I insisted that I be moved to the other side of the hotel. Reluctantly they did change my room and I was able to sleep. In the morning, I took a shower and the water did not drain. Disgusting!!!
Two nice attributes of the hotel, coffee is available in the lobby in the morning and the shuttle ride to the airport.

Room Tip: Stay in rooms with odd numbers 1705, 1015, 913
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,434)

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We've stayed here a few times in the past and it is still one the best hotels in San Diego. The beds are soooo comfortable and there is an excellent view it virtually any room. The staff is extremely friendly and always willing to go the extra mile. We will definetly be back.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

I️ absolutely hate this hotel. The front desk staff are ridiculously rude. They consistently lie about the hotel shuttle. When we called to find it where I️t was after being LIED to, the front desk person (name to come) hung up on me. My company books this hotel, otherwise I️ would never ever ever come here. Their treatment makes me dislike the entire city. Stay somewhere nicer.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Very nice place on outer edge of downtown. Six blocks to trolly close to Little Italy. Good rooms great breakfast and good location in a great city for a nice vacation with family and friends. Would stay here again

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We loved being a couple of blocks from Little Italy and the bay. We were able to walk to all the attractions during our stay. The people at the front desk, restaurant, and bar were all friendly and helpful. We are looking forward to staying at this Double Tree again.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

The room was clean and well appointed. The check in was super fast and friendly and they recognized us a Hilton honors member and thanked us. The meeting rooms were well lit, the temperature control was easy and actually worked. I hope to be back in the near future.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Went for Class Reunion. We had a great time of course. The location was excellent to other things to do. I personally had a problem with room service. It took an hour and 15 min to receive food and it was cold and uneatable. My remote to TV didn’t work but maintenance brought me another. It didn’t work either. I gave up and went to bed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends