Lowest prices for your stay
C$209
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
tomtom36
La Palma, California
Simple lodging in Downtown San Diego
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 21, 2024
If you’re looking for a bed and free parking, this will do. Rooms are being remodeled so not complete. Breakfast is just a grab and go bag. Room had electrical wires without the light attached. Free parking for Wyndham members in downtown San Diego is a savings of $20 per day. Walking distance to most areas. There is a free shuttle service around the city through the app Circuit.
Date of stay: January 2024
9.5 km from Days Inn by Wyndham San Diego/Downtown/Convention Center
4.9 km from Days Inn by Wyndham San Diego/Downtown/Convention Center
1.5 km from Days Inn by Wyndham San Diego/Downtown/Convention Center
View more hotels in San Diego
All reviews room was clean convention center gaslamp quarters would stay here again downtown area convenient location uber
Selected filters
Reviewed September 13, 2023

The room was OK. The elevator was not even painted inside. Guess they are under construction? The "breakfast" was a to go box with an OJ, a tangerine, a donut in a package, a yulkult yogurt. I paid a fair price and got a room to sleep in and a place to shower. Guess I made out OK.

Date of stay: September 2023
1  Thank Travel696163
Reviewed September 10, 2023

Extremely outdated, but relatively clean. The girl at check in, had no idea of the area, and couldn’t give me any recommendations. Compared to the other motels and hotels around, it was a fair price. Don’t expect too much!!

Date of stay: September 2023
Reviewed August 26, 2023

From the moment I arrived the staff were very friendly and polite. Helped with a smooth check in and helped me changed my payment. The room was really clean and tidy but 1 thing I unfortunately have to mention 1 of the table lamps had a faulty switch , overall though it was a comfortable stay.

Reviewed August 24, 2023

Smelled clean as soon as you walk in, broken elevator, parking on property, got to check in early by about 5 minutes when we arrived, got a balcony, thankfully got their to go breakfast after their usual hours, forgot a some food, snacks, and a drink in fridge unfortunately, left a cash deposit but they do accept card

Reviewed August 17, 2023

The location of this hotel is very good. My use of the word good ents there.
When we pulled into the parking lot it looked old and gross, and very unsafe as there were homeless people about. That is an issue in many cities, so went to check in and that went seamlessly, except for the fact that the elevator wasn't working. I was shocked as just 2 months ago I stayed at a Holiday Inn property that emailed me that the elevator was broken and I was able to call and get a room on the ground floor as I was traveling with a friend who cannot do steps. This time we are all able bodied, but I was still shocked. Then I was told there was a $20 per night parking fee, I said I wasn't told this and she blamed it on the 3rd party booking site. ok. The I asked about the included breakfast and she said it's a brown bag. Again, I would have chosen a different hotel as both of those factors went into choosing the hotel.
Grabbed our luggage and started up the steps. They haven't been maintained, and paint was missing, cracking and just neglected.
Opened the door to the room and there was a bleach like smell. The room hasn't been cared for at all and it was dark and dingy. Beds and pillows were horrible.
When I got home I took everything straight to my laundry room and left it there as it was late, the next AM went in to put away and the whole laundry room STANK. I had to wash everything including clothes I didn't take out of the luggage. I then had to put the luggage in direct sunlight on my porch for 2 days to get the smell off the luggage.
Lastly, I have stayed in "budget" hotels and older charming properties that aren't 100% up to date. No problem!!!!! But this was actually gross. It was $250 a night and I guess they can get that because of the location, but really I can't believe they are in business with no health or safety violations.