Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
US$544
US$499
Fairmont.com
Hilton San Diego Bayfront(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$501
US$453
Hilton.com
US$255
US$223
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$126
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$178
  • Beachfront
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$169
  • Restaurant
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$329
ParadisePoint.com
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$419
  • Pool
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
US$369
  • Beachfront
4,014 results
All reviewsclose to the airportnautical thememain towerthe club loungefree shuttlerental carfitness centerdowntown areacoronado islandvalet parkingseaport villagesea worldquinnsstarbuckscomputersuberpits
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Right next to the airport and situated on the bay this hotel has picture perfect views of the city from one side and views of a marina and Point Loma peninsula on the other when you stay in the main tower. The rooms are bright and clean, the decks offer great views, the pools are large and inviting, and the location is a short cab ride to the city. The in-room dining choices are limited, but service is fast. There's a bar restaurant in the lobby that offers decent food at decent prices. There are conference facilities in this hotel, so if you're looking to avoid corporate crowds this may not be the place for you. Overall I was very happy with the four days I just spent here and want to come back again to see more of the city.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank HudsonValleyMan
DanielaDelgado, Manager at Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear HudsonValleyMan,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and got to experience everything our property has to offer. We hope you will stay with us again next time you visit San Diego, and thank you again for your recommendation.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Great location. Close to the airport. Great little sandwich shop between the to buildings.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Candy J,
Thank you for your 5 Star ranking here on TripAdvisor. Our team is delighted you enjoyed your stay and find us to be “Great All Around”. Please come back and visit us on a future occasion.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed in the "Bay Tower," which is a separate building, around the corner about 1/2 mile from the main building. The Bay Tower used to be a Ramada...and still looks like it. We were unable to check in early, were told they put a pending on our room to clean first, so we could check in after flying for 8 hours, and would call us. They never called, so we checked in at 2:50 pm, only to be given a room we did not choose or pay for. After arguing, they moved us. Then, cleaning service did not come the next day while we were out of our room between 9:45am and 3:15pm. I called guest services to alert of this - did nothing except bring up fresh towels. Then, cleaning service called us because we had a do not disturb sign on the door after 3:15pm when they wanted to clean. Housekeeping also banged on our door three times the morning of check-out. The hotel charges an arm and leg for each LOCAL phone call, do notice the little sheet of paper near the phone explaining this...something I did not notice. They charge for the Internet - two prices, daily, and charge for the self parking. The bar charged $70 for 5 beers and two, small bottles of water. The in-room convenient prices were equally as expensive. The room was their deluxe king, on the 8th floor facing the bay. Nice view, nice little balcony, which was the only thing we enjoyed - although the weather was unseasonably cold, extremely windy and rainy. The bed was uncomfortable and the furniture looked old and dingy. I did ask for an adjustment on the bill, but guest services would not budge and did not seem to care at all. I also used the spa at the main building. They gave me a key to a locker that didn't work. After fiddling with it for 5 minutes or so, I asked for a new locker and explained the lock was malfunctioning. The staff person said, "yes, a work order has been called in..." I explained she should not have given me that locker then. She didn't seem to care. I was the only person in the spa. So, I have stayed at the Loew's Coronado for the same price and had much better service and rooms. I chose to stay here for a more convenient location. Not worth saving the 10-12 minute drive. Yes, I am particular and have not a problem paying for good service and amenities, however, my experience was definitely poor and worth giving a head's up to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, otherwise, you'll be looking and smelling the cars in parking lot.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank CarouselCat
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This hotel actually has two towers. I stayed in the secondary tower (not the main tower with the club lounge, etc). Initially, I was concerned that the secondary tower would be a grave inconvenience. However, the room was quiet, beautifully decorated, extremely spacious, and offered the most beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean. However, to eat in the Club Lounge we had to walk to the primary tower. Fortunately the weather was beautiful and the walk was inviting.

The Club Lounge Breakfast was a perfect start of the day. The food was fresh and tasty. Also, the coffee/cappuccino machine is something you must try. The staff were very nice and quite accommodating.

This hotel is close to everything in the city, but not in the immediate midst of the hustle and bustle. Also, it is approximately 3 mins from the airport. I could not have asked for a better hotel stay.

Room Tip: Request a room in the primary tower if you desire to be in the building as the Club Lounge.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Dear Johnny Faye,
Thank you for your 5 Star recommendation through TripAdvisor. We are so delighted you enjoyed your room and beautiful view from the Bay Tower, and the sunny San Diego weather. Since 1972, we are San Diego’s most accommodating hotel, and we are glad to have fulfilled this in your eyes. We hope you will visit again in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

I was disappointed with my hotel because I specifically paid extra for a high-level room with a king sized bed and a great view, but when I arrived at the hotel, I was told that there were no more King suite rooms available and since I pre-paid through another website, the hotel was not able to refund any of my money as they were down-grading my room. The hotel was happy to offer a king suite in their second tower, but this tower was over a 5 minute walk away with none of the amenities. I was staying at this specific hotel because I was attending a conference and wanted to be close to the events plus the hotel amenities. The hotel placed me in a handicap room with the promise to upgrade me when another room became available, but that never happened.
The hotel and surrounding area was beautiful, but it was very secluded. The airport was minutes away, but all of the other sights in SD were at least a $15 cab ride away and the food in the hotel was very over-priced. The walls in the rooms were also paper-thin. I was woken up one night by my neighbor's snoring.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Robert P
DanielaDelgado, Manager at Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Dear Robert P,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review through TripAdvisor. We want to extend our apologies for what you experienced during your stay. Honoring the guestroom that is booked is extremely important to our team, regardless of the website it is booked though, and again, we want to apologize if this is something we did not successfully deliver. We are very interested in learning details of your stay and connecting with you personally, so if you have a chance, please contact me directly at Daniela.Delgado@Sheraton.com. Thank you again for letting us know of your experience, and your invaluable feedback will be shared with our team as an opportunity to improve.