This is a very nice property close to the airport and by a marina in lovely San Diego.
My husband and I have stayed here on previous occasions - usually overnighting before a cruise.
This trip we spent 7 days at the hotel with a room overlooking the marina. Previous reviewers are correct that there are two distinct properties so advised to check which one is most suitable.
As it is a little out of the downtown area - you either need to rent a car (but be forewarned overnight on site parking is $22.00 per night) or take the shuttle to the airport which runs frequently and is 7 minutes away and then catch the 992 city bus which takes you by the cruise ships and then turns to downtown and the trolley connections. Its fun if you don't mind public transportation and for $5.00 you can purchase a day pass which you can even use to get to Sea World/the wonderful Zoo or Mission Beach.
The service at the hotel is very good - the front desk personnel were always friendly.
If you have a breakfast package you do get a breakfast buffet daily. The staff there varies and the service isn't great. But for OJ, coffee and a croissant its fine.
The main hotel has a beautiful pool and complete fitness centre. The other hotel has a pool
but the fitness centre is undergoing renovations and will be reopening in the future.
All in all this is a great spot for visiting San Diego and area. If you can get a reasonable rate and are staying long enough to get the special breakfast buffet its a good deal for the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Diego has established itself as a destination featuring world class spirit with genuine warmth. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina offers an authentic San Diego experience. Iconic sunsets and a waterfront destination…it’s comfortably upscale without pretense. As an architectural cornerstone positioned at the point of entry into the city - by air or sea - the imposing facade of the hotel reflects an architectural design inspired by the region’s naval influence. In the mid 1800s, city leaders realized the potential of the San Diego Bay and, with the anticipation of the opening of the Panama Canal, the importance of improving the harbor for commerce. Significant modifications were needed to the Bay to accommodate large ships. As a result, Harbor and Shelter Island were developed, as well as much of the land beneath the San Diego International airport. Today’s San Diego has evolved into a place to meet and share inspiration. Overlooking the scenic San Diego Bay and a private marina, the hotel is a place where San Diego soul and contemporary style go hand and hand. A Bayside resort with urban accessibility, the hotel is a waterfront hub connecting you to the destination’s renowned attractions. Ideally located within easy reach, the historic Liberty Station, the waterfront districts of Point Loma, the energy of Little Italy and the Gaslamp Quarter offer convenient, lively dining and entertainment venues. Amongst exquisite lifestyle decor and a relaxing atmosphere, the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reflects a perfect haven for the active lifestyle that is woven deep into the region’s DNA. There are waterside fire pits and three pools - each with a unique personality. But most importantly, the hotel is designed to make best use of San Diego’s average 72 degree year-round sunny weather. Sitting on the dock of the Bay, the hotel offers access to water sport rentals and sailing tours to provide an extraordinary perspective of San Diego. Along with the diversity that found home in San Diego, the intense energy that the destination acquired offers a remarkably unique experience. Naturally, this energy worked its way into the foundation of the hotel. From the moment of arrival, the hotel is designed to offer a scenic environment with unmatched flexibility and capability. The nautically inspired guest rooms and suites come with an elegant array of amenities and social enabling conveniences. Social travelers seeking something astonishing can choose one of the spacious and well equipped suites for a unique and luxurious home away from home. Reflecting the needs of the world’s social traveler, a great hotel is built with much more than awe-inspiring design. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina enlists a warm, friendly and tenured staff that is connected to the urban energy of downtown San Diego. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sheraton San Diego Hotel And Marina
- San Diego Sheraton Hotel Marina
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel Marina