Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
SDwalkerSOCAL
San Diego, California

Must see this amazing one-of-a-kind hotel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 25, 2024
Must see hotel in San Diego, The Lafayette, recently renovated with custom everything. Astonishing and amazing décor, upscale rooms, lovely and lively pool area, several bars, valet parking, superb staff and excellent dining. A true landmark in San Diego with the most unique rooms we have ever seen. Front steps take you into the main bar which leads you back to the pool area and the 24 hour diner (reminded us of “Twin Peaks”). Seating is available around the pool for drinks and dining. Our Room 255 included a balcony overlooking the pool and is recommended. We highly recommend a stay overnight, or just visiting to get a drink, and/or to eat in the 'Beginners Diner' for a delicious breakfast with remarkable one-of-a-kind dishes. You will be delighted and feel very welcomed by the staff. Don't miss it.
Date of stay: January 2024
Room Tip: Ask for a pool balcony room and eat at the diner.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Steve Slack, General Manager at The LaFayette Hotel, responded to this review
Responded Feb 5, 2024
Honored to receive such a kind review! We are happy to hear you thoroughly you enjoyed it. Twin Peaks definitely hits close to home, glad the Diner sparked that connection. Please come back and visit soon.
C$523
  • Official Site
    C$381
16.3 km from The LaFayette Hotel
View more hotels in San Diego
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 23, 2024

Everything was just perfect!! The room was so inviting and comfortable. There was a birthday card and champagne for my partner waiting for us. It was such a wonderful surprise! It was so nice of them to provide a sparkling cider too since my partner doesn't drink alcohol. The bed was luxurious. We slept so much better than at home which is so unusual for me! Dinner at Quixote and brunch at Beginner's Diner made our stay even nicer. Having everything under one roof is so convenient and pleasant. Front desk staff were very helpful and accommodating and the valets were speedy and anticipated our departure by knowing my name before I even said anything. We will definitely be back for another delightful staycation or afternoon/evening visit 🥰 Thank you to the Lafayette Hotel staff for such a memorable experience!!

1  Thank historicvisions
Steve Slack, General Manager at The LaFayette Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2024

We are honored you chose to celebrate your birthday with us. We love the opportunity to make special occasions, just a little extra special. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2024

We stayed just for the night and had a great time. Both of the restaurants in the hotel were very good but I think the diner was my favorite of the two. The room itself was very nice and all of the staff were very friendly. I plan on staying there again the next time I need a hotel in the area.

1  Thank David S

Thanks for the review, and kind words. We hope to see you again on your next visit to San diego.

Reviewed January 12, 2024

It's a uniquely crafted, classic concept, of a place you can stay and play! It's a swirl of both Old Timey and New day appeal. Worth checking out and getting lost in its wonder, if you're up for a stay-cation or out of town adventure!

1  Thank Traci M

We are honored to to hear you share such kind words. Come back soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2023

Loved my stay at Lafayette Hotel! I would highly recommend my friends and family to stay here as the staff, ambiance, and room itself were all amazing. I especially appreciate the room upgrade to a pool balcony that was swiftly changed moments after I texted about toilet issue & window view of original room. This accommodation was the cherry on the cake especially with being Christmas Day. I've never stayed at a hotel with texting as a sort of concierge, but it's so extremely helpful/useful & way easy than having to call. I also especially lovedddddd the details of the monogrammed stationary which was such a special touch. I think the only recommendation I'd say is to have a Nespresso machine/French press or coffee machine in the room, but to be complimentary. Other than that, I loved the hotel!

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank sarah44j
Steve Slack, General Manager at The LaFayette Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2023

Thank you Sarah we really appreciate your recognition. In room coffee is in the works, we hope that you will able able to enjoy it on your next visit.

Reviewed December 4, 2023 via mobile

They have really jazzed up this classic gem of a hotel. Last time I had been there (like 5 years ago!) it was old and tired. …Now every detail is refreshed and reimagined! The wallpaper, fabrics, decor, and hospitality are each uniquely incredible. This property has truly found its rebirth.

My wife and I stayed over night for a staycation and had so much fun. What a great scene. We felt pampered and well taken care of. Can’t wait to do it again soon!

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank keithsandiego2017
Steve Slack, General Manager at The LaFayette Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2023

Thank you Keith! We are glad you like the new look, see you again soon.