THE US GRANT, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Diego
US$350
Fairmont.com
Hilton San Diego Bayfront(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$501
US$453
Hilton.com
US$255
US$223
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$126
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$178
  • Beachfront
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$169
  • Restaurant
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$217
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
US$369
  • Beachfront
US$219
Orbitz.com
2,600 results
All reviewsgaslamp districtsignature suitehorton plazabeautiful hotelturn down servicehomeless peoplestreet noisethe gas lamp districtbeautiful lobbyvalet parkingvalet staffbottled waterconcierge deskcorner roombalboa parkconvention centeruss midway
Reviewed 7 March 2012

The minute we arrived, we felt welcomed by everyone at the hotel. The hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous with a mix of historic and contemporary elements, beautifully done. We stayed for four nights/five days and every day we were greeted as if everyone knew who we were! Our check in process was seamless (thanks to Sergio) and I cannot say enough about the Concierge- they truly made our stay! Thanks to Mark and Lee, their patience, advice and help allowed us to see and eat our way through San Diego with a 4 year old and enjoy every minute! The hotel staff (especially Mark and the Concierge) was very friendly to our little one and made her feel very welcome, which was something we really appreciate! The rooms were beautiful, the bathrooms gorgeous! The location of the hotel was perfect, near great restaurants, the Gaslamp, Petco Park, the Marina, the Trolley, and about a $12-15 cab ride to the Zoo and about a $22-$25 cab ride to Sea World. We truly feel spoiled because I am not sure that I can come back to San Diego and stay anywhere else. I want to thank everyone who made our stay memorable! We hope to come visit and stay there again soon!

Room Tip: Free High Speed Internet in the Lobby
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My boyfriend and I were lucky enough to stay at the US Grant about two weeks ago. We were only there for one night but the hotel made a serious impression. The staff was so wonderful. My best example of this: the restaurant manager came around to chat with us during our early lunch and I told him that my grandparents got married at the hotel right before WWII. I had a picture with me from their wedding reception and he was kind enough to bring us down to the room where the reception was and take a matching picture of us. This is one of those priceless moments that only happen when the staff cares to be wonderful to their guests. And, wonderful they were.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed at the US Grant for 2 nights in early March. Upon check in, we were told that they upgraded us to the Penthouse Suite (my husband is Starwood Preferred - I guess this was why??) We originally booked a Grand Deluxe room (one of our friends booked this same category and their room was large & lovely). Unfortunately the room wasn't ready so we had to wait a couple hours until we could get in. To help us through the wait, they gave us a 20% off coupon to the restaurant/bar & we had a glass of wine. The bar was beautiful & the service great. Finally we got our room and proceeded up to the 11th floor. There are only 2 elevators that service this floor so that tripped us up at first but when we got to the room - wow. It had a huge living room, dining room, bar and the bedroom & bathroom were in a separate wing. The bathroom was huge and beautiful with a tub that filled from the ceiling. And the view from the commode was spectacular! The room was in great shape - decorated beautifully. There are tons of windows so the light is great and the view to die for. Because we were lucky enough to score this room, we entertained a group of friends before dinner which was fun. The service was great - everyone we encountered was very helpful and super nice. If I'm going to be nit-picky, our breakfast was a little late one morning but when we called, they told us it was on it's way & it arrived shortly. Also, the bathroom sinks are very cool but totally useless. So hard to brush my teeth & wash my face. But I'll deal!! ;) All in all, we really enjoyed our stay at the US Grant!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the US Grant. We are expecting our baby in May and wanted to get away for the weekend. Because this will probably the last vacation we have alone, we wanted to really treat ourselves. My husband is really into historic buildings, so I thought the US Grant was perfect. They did not disappoint. We were able to get a really good deal ($169/night) for our stay. Everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful. The valet always offered us help with directions and when we checked out, they even gave us bottled water for our drive. During my stay I tweeted about it and the hotel quickly tweeted back. The concierge even helped us choose a restaurant for dinner. Never were we pushed to dine at the hotel's restaurant (which looked excellent). I would definitely come here again and have already recommended it to friends and family.

Room Tip: Check out their website. They seem to list specials on it frequently.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bubbie9
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We spent 5 nights at The US Grant in December / January. The impressive lobby was decorated beautifully for New Years Eve.

Our room was large, clean and very well appointed. Service was great and our kids loved the chocolates on the pillows!

We didn't experience any more noise than you'd expect for a hotel in a large city.

The hotel is handily located, close to loads of restaurants and across the road from a shopping complex.

Definitely worth a visit if you want a bit of luxury in San Diego.

• Stayed: December 2011