Hotel Z - A Staypineapple Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Pendry San Diego(San Diego)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
Hotel Indogo(San Diego)
View Hotel
All reviewspineapple cupcakespineapple hospitalitygaslamp districtfree bikesfree cupcakespineapple themegreat locationfree slippersyellow bikesstuffed dogtommy bahamainterior roomevery afternoonbike rentalscomfortable bedthe gas lamp districtconvention center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great location and service. The bicycles were a great plus, had a lot of fun with them. The only complaint I have is that our room was net to the elevator (room 202) so we had a lot of noise very late or very early. Everything else was exceptional.

Room Tip: Don't stay next to the elevator!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank juanrbarrio
Charlie S, General Manager at Hotel Z - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi juanrbarrio,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us at Hotel Z.

We appreciate your comments and feedback and look forward to sharing it with the entire team.

We look forward to your next stay with us and if there is anything I can do to assist you with future reservations and blocking you in a different location of the hotel, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Amazing find! Very friendly and extremely helpful staff. Very clean facilities and great use of space. Location is excellent - walking distance to Conference Centre and in the heart of Gaslamp Quarters.

Room Tip: Small space for very efficient.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Hi lmuzzo27!

Thank you for the perfect rating and wonderful review of your stay with us at Hotel Z!

I'm thrilled to hear that the Pineapple team members went above and beyond and that our location was perfect and a quick walk to the conference center.

We look forward to your next stay with us and if there is anything I can do to assist you with future reservations, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great location, nice staff, comfortable bed, cute theme. Not sure if every room is the same size but the room we were in was huge. The only down side was that parking was a little expensive so I would suggest getting public parking somewhere else.

Stayed: September 2017

Hi the-wrld-awaits!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your stay with us at Hotel Z!

I'm thrilled to hear that we exceeded all of your expectations and look forward to sharing your comments with the entire Pineapple team. I know they will beam with Pineapple pride when I do.

We look forward to your next stay with us and if there is anything I can do to assist you with future reservations, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at any time.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The location of this hotel is perfect for anybody who wants to stay right in the Gaslamp. The rooms are well appointed. The staff is super friendly. I had a great experience. This is yet another pineapple hotel that I would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Hi RyanH885!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your stay with us at Hotel Z!

We look forward to your next stay with us and if there is anything I can do to assist you with future reservations at Hotel Z, or any other StayPineapple hotel, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great location, clean and cozy, with super friendly staff and extremely comfortable beds. Generally a lovely hotel.

We stayed in a z suite for 3 nights (room 218 I think). We were really happy there, although anyone sensitive to noise should be aware that this room is situated over a generator or washing machine and so is really noisy at certain times of the day.

The only downsides to the hotel are:

- no breakfast options (though there are lots of nearby restaurants, it just makes things quite expensive if staying for multiple days)

- an ‘amenities charge’ is charged on arrival. This covers a shuttle service, bike rental and cupcakes. The shuttle wasn’t running for the days we stayed, and we didn’t want bikes or cupcakes, so it felt a bit cheeky making us pay the fee anyway. Only a small thing but put a bit of a downer on the check in experience (if the shuttle had been available for us throughout our stay, we would probably have felt different).

Despite the above, we had a great experience and will stay again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi darkbluemood!

Thank you so much for your great review of your stay with us at Hotel Z!

I'm thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to sharing your comments with the entire Pineapple team. I know they will beam with Pineapple pride when I do. I also appreciate the feedback with regards to the amenity fee and will be sure to share that with our Corporate team.