All reviews pineapple cupcakes pineapple hospitality free bikes gaslamp district pineapple theme free slippers mini cupcakes great location yellow bikes individual duvets stuffed dog tommy bahama toiletries interior room every afternoon modern design convention center comfortable bed
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in this noisy hotel and it was unbearable from inside. Apparently, this hotel has never heard of sound proofing their walls. Constant stomping and shaking from above floors at all hours of the night and days. Large doors slamming. And these ridiculous high decibel barn yard doors outfitted in the rooms. Maids clanking those pineapple glass cups for hours at a time. I called front desk complaining which didn’t alleviate the constant noise. I’ve stayed at hotels in 3rd world countries that had better sound proofing regardless of the floor I slept on and better nights sleep. I’m shocked how this place gets such great reviews given the insurmountable noise from Inside the hotel. 2 nights of no sleep in which I’ll never come back again. I deserve a full refund for no sleep due to all the noise!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidHeman
Charlie S, General Manager at Hotel Z - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Hello DavidHeman,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at Hotel Z.

I'm sorry your stay did not live up to your expectations and we appreciate the feedback you have provided us with.

If you would like to discuss the matter further, please feel free to reach out to me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Great location and service. The bicycles were a great plus, had a lot of fun with them. The only complaint I have is that our room was net to the elevator (room 202) so we had a lot of noise very late or very early. Everything else was exceptional.

Room Tip: Don't stay next to the elevator!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Juan B

Hi juanrbarrio,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us at Hotel Z.

We appreciate your comments and feedback and look forward to sharing it with the entire team.

We look forward to your next stay with us and if there is anything I can do to assist you with future reservations and blocking you in a different location of the hotel, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Amazing find! Very friendly and extremely helpful staff. Very clean facilities and great use of space. Location is excellent - walking distance to Conference Centre and in the heart of Gaslamp Quarters.

Room Tip: Small space for very efficient.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Hi lmuzzo27!

Thank you for the perfect rating and wonderful review of your stay with us at Hotel Z!

I'm thrilled to hear that the Pineapple team members went above and beyond and that our location was perfect and a quick walk to the conference center.

We look forward to your next stay with us and if there is anything I can do to assist you with future reservations, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Great location, nice staff, comfortable bed, cute theme. Not sure if every room is the same size but the room we were in was huge. The only down side was that parking was a little expensive so I would suggest getting public parking somewhere else.

Stayed: September 2017
Charlie S, General Manager at Hotel Z - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Hi the-wrld-awaits!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your stay with us at Hotel Z!

I'm thrilled to hear that we exceeded all of your expectations and look forward to sharing your comments with the entire Pineapple team. I know they will beam with Pineapple pride when I do.

We look forward to your next stay with us and if there is anything I can do to assist you with future reservations, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at any time.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

The location of this hotel is perfect for anybody who wants to stay right in the Gaslamp. The rooms are well appointed. The staff is super friendly. I had a great experience. This is yet another pineapple hotel that I would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Charlie S, General Manager at Hotel Z - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Hi RyanH885!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your stay with us at Hotel Z!

We look forward to your next stay with us and if there is anything I can do to assist you with future reservations at Hotel Z, or any other StayPineapple hotel, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.