Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Bonvoy member rate available
C$762
Hotels.com
C$737
C$739
SnowyOwl

Pathetic

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 8, 2023
I have been a Marriot Bonvoy member for over 10 years and I’m a Silver Elite member and this is the worst experience ever.
Starting with checking in, by “high floor” and “good view”, I was given the 5th floor with a view of the back of the hotel facing the other hotel wall and storage and trash.
NO Complimentary water, and when I asked the front desk.. they asked if I was “Platinum” status.. else, you have to purchase water!! What kind of service is this?
The bath products weren’t even checked or filled up. There was no soap in the shower soap dispenser., and this was after the room was serviced!!
Creepy location, will never stay here again and will think 10 times before booking anything with Marriott!!

I’d rather do AirBNB!!
Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
1.0 of 5 bubblesValue
2.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
2.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded Sep 10, 2023
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and I sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations. In your comment you mentioned that the bath products were not filled up upon arrival and were not checked when service was completed, I have shared this with our Housekeeping leadership team to ensure this is being checked every time to ensure this is an isolated incident. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I do hope you can give us another chance to host you when your travels bring you back so we can exemplify the service we strive to deliver.
C$524
8.5 km from Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown
Beachfront
View more hotels in San Diego
1,212 results
All reviews historic bank building house of blues meeting room valet parking beautiful hotel balboa park homeless people front desk staff gas lamp convention center seaport village vault lobby gaslamp elevator waterfront
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2023 via mobile

This is a really cool hotel. My room was spacious and only complaint was one night at 2 am people laughing and talking around the ice machine across from my room. The Lobby restaurant is very good and the staff overall is great. I would definitely return!!

Room tip: Convenient to Gas Lamp district & the airport
Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2023

My family travelled from Sydney Australia to San Diego Stage 2 of a 3 week holiday, we were in San Diego from 17-20 July. Our Courtyard San Diego Downtown experience was ok, the staff were friendly, Hotel was clean, rooms small and bathroom set up average. Location to get around was good, but area not so much.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Georgie Mancilla, Owner at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2023

hank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and while I am glad to hear the staff was friendly, I sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations when it comes to the area and the room sizes.

Reviewed June 12, 2023

Hello travelers. Stayed recently for Sat Sun weekend visit with out of town friend to see a show at Balboa Theater (located just 5 blocks away) first greeted at valet parking with such kindness by Cesar and his crew. There is only valet parking if driving a car but they are dialed in. Check in with front desk seamless and I was so impressed with the beautiful service (and nails) they provided. The restaurant was excellent much to our surprise. Overall great staycation experience

Room tip: Evaluate your surroundings when deciding to walk around destination. There are some i
Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2023

So we were attending a concert at the House of Blues which is literally the building next door. The hotel is a historical building built in the 1920's and was a bank. First, the bed we had was so HARD that we didn't sleep, it was like sleeping on concrete. Second, the area is overrun with homeless people. Sleeping on the sidewalks, in building alcoves and anywhere they can find. The hotel has security outside guarding the front door making sure no one but guests get in in the evening. We walked to the 7-11 which was just around the corner for water and snacks and had to walk around and over homeless people. It wasn't a safe feeling leaving the hotel. Plus parking was $54 a night. The hotel itself was very expensive for a one night stay. Probably wouldn't stay there again for those reasons stated above.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank 81artmonk
Nathalie Vega, Owner at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2023

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I sincerely apologize that you did not feel safe exploring the nearby neighborhood due to the number of unhoused individuals. We do work very closely with our Downtown Security team known as Clean n Safe and together we work to keep the area around our hotel feel safe for all our guests, I apologize that this was not your experience. As for parking, due to being in Downtown, parking is very limited and competitive, which is why we only have valet with the hotel; however, we are always happy to recommend some nearby garages and lots that have a lesser price but do not come with the unlimited ins and out privileges, I apologize if this was not communicated to you during your stay. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. My hope is you may give us another chance to host you if your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed May 18, 2023 via mobile

When I had a bad experience at an AirBnb while traveling solo as a female, this Courtyard Marriott not only made it easy to rent 3 nights on short notice, but also let me check in early when I arrived early in the morning wanting to get out of my AirBnb as soon as I could. When I needed to hold my luggage for a day later in the trip, they happily did so. The rooms and hallways were clean and spacious with kind and professional staff. This stay would have been pleasant in any scenario but was extra valuable to me for my sense of safety!

Date of stay: May 2023