“Average donut place for me.”

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
Ranked #17 of 74 Bakeries in San Diego
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed July 23, 2017

Note: I am not a big fan of donuts and I think all donuts taste the same so my review might reflect that. Just a fair warning.
I was here on July 13, 2017 at around 21:50 (9:50pm) 10 minutes before their front closes. I believe their drive-thru opens 24 hours though. We saw several people who tried to come in after the doors were closed though so I thought it was funny. It was probably because we were eating outside the tables next to the drive thru entrance or they saw our car parked in the front. Anyways, we came in and ordered a dozen donuts after our dinner. The person in the counter was nice to get our donuts and I also ordered a drink here since I was thirsty. I split the donuts with 3 of my friends. Since they were closing, we decided to sit outside.
The donuts were okay. I liked some of them, but they all taste the same to me. I know and hear that Krispy Kreme makes good donuts though and I tried other shops. I can taste some difference between a chocolate and few other sweets, but the after taste to me is all just sweet. Even the cheesecake taste the same as regular donuts, but a bit sweeter. I am not that amazed at donuts like many other people who are. Maybe it is because I used to eat everyday and there are always free donuts that I get sick of it. Or because donuts are too sweet for me. But I can say that when I ate the donuts here that it is great for those that love donuts. So it is not bad, but not the best. I also can say that the time we had the donuts, it was not as fresh since we did come near closing time, but still edible. One of my friends thought it was too sweet too, but my other friend liked it.
TL;DR: The donuts here taste average to me. Maybe we came at a bad time, but it is passable. It was a bit too sweet for me though. If you haven't had Krispy Kremes you are not missing much, but at the same time if you are in the area and like donuts this might be the place for you.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed March 18, 2017

I know of no other doughnut shop that has as good a product as this one. I especially like that they have the half-size portions, too. If any one hasn't tried these doughnuts, they're truly missing something - ! They're the BEST, as they should be with their start in 1937.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed April 5, 2016

We hit this shop every single morning we were in San Diego! The doughnuts were always fresh and the staff was very friendly.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed January 24, 2016 via mobile

Title says it all for me. Have been loyal ever since childhood and will remain so until I'm swept off my feet. I'm a simple doughnut guy, glazed. Sweet and melts in your mouth as if the mythological god of sweetness blessed it herself.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed October 4, 2015 via mobile

Krispy Kreme is great, wish the sports arena location was still open, used to go as a kid after Gulls/riptide games. Original glazed is the best by far (don't try other items, not merely as good). This location is decent, once I saw a guy load his entire truck bed with donuts.. Had to have been 100+ boxes. Great experience for kids as you can see donuts being made. Only negative I had was it opens at 5:30, and it's easier for me and others if opened at 5. I've been to the original KK in Winston Salem as well, so I guess you can call me an expert lol.

Date of visit: October 2015