Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Micra M
Manchester, United Kingdom

Good location would stay again

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 2, 2024via mobile
Room was clean and well equipped with fridge, safe, large TV, hair dryer, iron and board. Beds were super comfy. Windows open which I loved as sick of air con blasting and street was pretty quiet.
Car parking was a bit pricey but to be fair most of the hotels in the area charged the same, captive audience I guess.
Location was good, short walking distance from Little Italy and Gas Lamp district and public transport for the trams.
Staff were pleasant, would stay again.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Bring decent loo roll, hotel loo roll is always too thin.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
13.1 km from The Bristol Hotel - San Diego
Free parking
View more hotels in San Diego
1,652 results
All reviews valet parking within walking distance the gas lamp district downtown area gaslight district mini fridge coffee maker gaslamp noise conference
Selected filters
Reviewed May 2, 2024

Recently experienced a lovely five night stay at this property with just a few minor things to note should you decide to book.

The staff were very professional, nice and helpful (shout out to J.P. and Saundra (?)!
J.P. delivered a bottle of wine and two glasses which was very much appreciated and a nice touch. You'll notice there is no restaurant on-site and the bar has minimal hours. This is not a "traditional" full service property, however, The Bristol is close to everything you need. There were a few items on offer at the "Marketplace" across from the Front Desk, but nothing extensive (snacks, water).

Upon check-in, schedule Housekeeping as they do not service the rooms/suites daily. When they did attend to the suite, the trash was emptied and towels replenished, but the sheets were not changed nor the bed made (which I thought was included).

The city-view suite was ABSOLUTELY IMMACULATE, spacious and full of natural light during the day due to the huge windows. Although not pictured, there is a 1/2 bath to the left as soon as you enter - BONUS! It's so nice that visiting guests can use that bathroom. I absolutely loved that! All of the pics you see online are an absolute true representation of what you'll experience. Also not pictured is the 55" TV in the bedroom.

If you are a light sleeper, you may be a bit disturbed by the street noise or sirens, but after full days in San Diego and cocktails (lol), I mostly slept right through it. The bed and pillows are very comfy, however, the sheets left a bit to be desired - a bit rough.

There is only one ice machine on the 8th floor.

My refrigerator was not cooling (maybe the temp was turned down), but it was taken care of immediately and ice cold for the remainder of my stay.

When the valet staff were on-site, they were always friendly and helped me with my packages getting out of the car. Valet Parking = $42 per day; Self-parking = $18 per day (I think). I did not have a vehicle.

If this means anything, I've booked my next trip in August. Looking forward to being in San Diego and staying at The Bristol!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2024

Just returned from San Diego where I stayed at the Bristol Hotel before leaving on a cruise. It's close to the airport and the cruise port so I recommend it for those 2 reasons. It's also close to many restaurants and a CVS to pick up things you need like drinking water. My room was very clean and had everything I needed. I had an issue with noisy neighbors and called the front desk and they acted promptly. Nine young people piled out of the room! No surprise about the noise! The woman at the front desk (Sandra) was the real highlight. My friend became ill & we needed the room cleaned when it was convenient for her. Sandra made sure all went well with that. She was compassionate and kind and very helpful in many ways. I would definitely stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 21, 2024

I recently attended a retreat hosted by Flourish at the Bristol Hotel from February 11-12, and it's crucial I share my ongoing experience regarding an incident with my belongings.

Upon arrival, our rooms were not ready, leading us to entrust our luggage with the hotel staff. Unfortunately, my suitcase went missing after I was informed my room was available. The hotel staff's approach to locating my suitcase was surprisingly lax; they permitted unrestricted access to the storage area for guests, including myself, to search for missing items.

Repeated inquiries about my suitcase were met with assurances of continued searching, yet no proactive measures seemed to be taken. It was particularly disconcerting that a review of security footage was considered only after I suggested it, hours after my suitcase was noticed missing, revealing a concerning lack of initiative in resolving the situation.

The situation took a turn when I was informed a prior guest had inadvertently taken my suitcase to the Joshua Tree conservation area. Initial promises by the hotel staff to retrieve my suitcase were withdrawn once the logistical challenges became apparent. Although arrangements were eventually made for its return, the follow-through was minimal, leading to delays and further inconvenience. Ultimately, these guests ended up returning to Toronto, Canada with my suitcase.

As of now, my suitcase remains in Toronto, and I am still awaiting a response from the hotel to my requests for them to cover the shipping costs to have these prior guests ship me my suitcase. This ordeal has not only caused significant inconvenience to me and these other guests, it also has forced me to incur additional expenses for essentials and professional attire due to the absence of my belongings.

The lack of accountability and proactive customer service from the Bristol Hotel is deeply concerning. While the staff were polite, their actions—or lack thereof—have done little to address the seriousness of the situation. This experience highlights an urgent need for the hotel to improve its security measures and customer service protocols.

I share this in the hope of shedding light on the importance of effective communication and resolution strategies within the hospitality industry. For those considering hosting or attending an event at the Bristol Hotel, I recommend inquiring about their policies and procedures regarding the safeguarding and handling of guest belongings and issue resolution.

This ongoing situation has not only inconvenienced me but also leaves a lingering question about the commitment of the Bristol Hotel to resolve guest issues promptly and effectively.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Chad D
Reviewed February 4, 2024

My second stay at this hotel. I’ll continue to return. Good location, Gaslamp adjacent. Clean lobby, polite staff, though it would have been nice if they had a ATM in the lobby. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a decent size with good water pressure. A table light in our room didn’t work, but that wasn’t an issue.

Room tip: If you want to tip the valets, bring cash, no ATM in hotel lobby.
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2024

Lovely hotel in a good location. Enjoyed the large room with comfortable bed/excellent, totally quiet A/C and bathroom with excellent shower. Especially appreciated the in room coffee and lobby coffee.

Friendly staff who answered questions promptly and took good care of our senior requests.

The entire hotel is immaculately clean. The spacious lobby is very pleasant, well appointed, and comfortable.

Date of stay: January 2024