All reviews living room free breakfast microwave and fridge wi fi breakfast room restaurants and shopping holiday inn hotel guests short drive balboa park freeway dennys laundry
Reviewed September 12, 2017

We were down there for a soccer tournament so we had multiple families that stayed there. I was extremely disappointed with the hotel in it's cleanliness and it's up keep of the facilities. First, we had AC problems. When they took out the filter to see if that would fix the AC problem, the filter looked disgusting, as if it hadn't been changed in ages. One of the employee even said out loud, when he saw the filter, "That's really disgusting!" Second, we were supposed to have a smoke free room, but most of our rooms smelled like cigarette smoke as soon as we walked in. One of our families had to switch rooms because they couldn't stand the smell of smoke. When we got home, I had to wash everything because all of our clothes smelled like cigarette smoke. Third, the carpet and couch were very dirty. My kids were afraid to sit on the couch. Fourth, the bathroom was dirty and I could see mold between the tiles. Fifth, I noticed some holes in the hallway and other places, such as right when you get off the elevator on the 4th floor. Sixth, one of our families has to switch rooms because the first room was infested with fruit flies, and they were coming out of a hole in the ceiling. Seventh, when my husband was at the front desk about the broken AC, he over heard another customer complaining that their show head came off while he was taking a shower. Eighth, when my husband went to use the gym, the AC wasn't even on, and it was a hot weekend with temperature over 100 degrees. So, either the AC was broken in the gym or the management was trying to save money by having their guests exercise in a hot sauna. I guess if you're into hot Yoga, but really?! And after all of these encounters, the front desk didn't even offer any discounts to any of our families. We finally received a discount of $16.23 for our room because my husband asked for one. Really? For $144 a night, this is all we got for the whole weekend? The guys at the front desk were very friendly, but I think the management could do a better job at keeping the facility updated and working properly. After all, this is not Motel 6.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2017

I’m not typically a clean freak or germ phobe, but I just wanted to wipe everything down with Lysol wipes. The rooms are accessed from a very old, slow elevator with worn, frayed, old carpet. The elevator opens to worn, dirty concrete. The hotel “hall” is outdoors with worn, chipped, dirty concrete floors. Opening the door to your room, you will be greeted with musty smells and your throat will think it’s possibly smoky. The carpet is the #1 issue. It is soooo old, stained, dirty and I didn’t even want to unroll my yoga mat on it so I could stretch after my 5 hr drive. There were multiple long hairs and pubic hairs in the shower walls/tub. There are dust bunnies in the corners of the living area and accumulated dirt on the bathroom baseboard. The blow dryer was dirty. Neither of my remote controls worked for the tv, old batteries. The back “security” door was left unlocked all night. The first room (king suite) had a thermostat issue that just kept making it colder and colder. They tried to reset it once, I went to dinner & it was even colder (61) when I returned. I was moved to a double bed suite. Both rooms had the same stained, worn carpet and both rooms had hair in the bathroom.

The staff was exceptionally friendly, courteous and very helpful (especially Mina) as they allowed me to move rooms, cancel my 2nd night and discounted my first night 25%. All three staff I interacted with were as good or better than those at a 5-star hotel. Unfortunately, they work at a hotel with rooms that are dilapidated, dirty and unkept.

Stay away from this hotel. Staybridge Suites is just down the road and is MUCH cleaner for the same price. Staybridge is a suite with full fridge, dishwasher, mini oven, glassware, and is SUPER clean. Not even a question, don't stay at this Comfort Suites! I regret not leaving immediately and wasting one night here.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2017

I stayed here for 4 nights during the Natuonal HET convention. It was easy to get to off the I-15. My room was clean, well stocked with towels etc. My A/C worked well was a tiny bit noisie but not enough that I bothered me. Rooms might be a bit dated but they were clean and well kept.....nothing broken or worn badly. Staff was great with front desk folks friendly. The free breakfast was hot and fresh with eggs, sausage, breads, waffles, coffe and juice. Nothing fancy but good and filling....all I ask for from a free meal.Only issue was noisie kids at the pool, parents issue, but hotel got them out by 2000 and all was well. Overall a A. thx

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

Staff were pleasant and helpful. Property shared with Holiday Inn so parking could be easier. Laundry is also shared and machines worked well. 3 restaurants in walking distance. Breakfast has wide choices. Cold lemon water in office area, and USA TODAY papers mornings no charge.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

Lets me start with saying that this is the worst Choice hotel I have stayed in. This hotel does not deserve the name of Comfort Suites!! I am not a very picky person when it comes to hotels but this one was something else. To start off there is no parking what so ever!! This hotel shares the parking lot with another hotel, so parking is limited. The rooms smell awful and it goes with you where ever you go. It's been a couple of day since we left the hotel and I can still smell it. The carpet and the walls were very dirty and run down. The AC unit was not working properly and it made an awful noise that did not let us sleep. I felt like a crapy dad and husband for taking my family to this hotel. In really hate writing bad reviews but this one deserves it and I don't want dads or moms to feel the way I did for taking my family to this hotel. You have been warned.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Stephen_AGM, Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Romanm251,

I'm saddened to see that your stay was anything less than exceptional. Our staff strives to provide the very best in guest experience, and we can clearly see that we've let you down.

We value our guests' feedback, and use it to make continuous improvements. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping and maintenance teams. I hope that in the future you will allow us the opportunity to show you that your stay was an exception, not the norm.

Safe Travels and Warm Wishes,