“Tough review”

Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar
Ranked #215 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

This was s a difficult review to write. Overall, the room was fine and served its purpose. But there are so many unnecessary deficiencies.
We had a king suite. Our teenagers were sleeping on the sofa bed. Here’s a list of problems/dislikes with our room 424: one nightstand, no table or chair to set luggage upon, used luggage rack for my bag and used as nightstand, stains on bedskirt, no facial tissues, no counter space in the bathroom, no sheets on sofa bed, no blankets for sofa bed, sticky wax-like spots throughout carpet.
Positives: the king bed was comfortable, the white noise from the freeway was great, the furniture was in good condition, the room was spacious enough for the four of us, sheets were clean.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Overall the hotel was nice and clean, but they shut off the water during our stay from 11AM to 3PM and didn't give us any kind of warning, so we were surprised and had to make a few adjustments last minute. We understand sometimes things need to be fixed or changed and so the water might need to be turned off, but a note on the door the day before would have been good so we could have planned our day accordingly. We had to call the front desk to find out how long it would be off and the fact it was going to be off for several hours really makes it inexcusable for the hotel not to notify its guests the day before. The hot breakfast was decent, the hot items are eggs, sausage, and waffles, and they have instant oatmeal you can make, so it wasn't like other hotels we've been to where they have eggs, bacon/sausage, potatoes, house made oatmeal, etc. We weren't too bothered by this fact, but if you're a person with allergies like me, or just a person who likes to know what they'll be getting, I figured I would put it in this review. The hotel was clean though, and the price was nice for a suite. The hotel staff was very nice as well, which always makes an experience more enjoyable. I was just not pleased with the lack of professionalism and being unpleasantly surprised by having no water whatsoever. I can't imagine what it would have been like if I had been mid-shower when they shut it off. Thankfully I was able to finish what I needed to with some bottled water we had in the hotel room, but the lack of notification was really bad.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Anthony B, Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. The water needing to be shut off was an emergency fix that we could not foresee. I do know as soon as we found out that the water was to be shut off we created notes for all of our guests and had them slid under all of the doors. I apologize as our staff may have missed your room in the panic of delivering all of the letters, as i can understand this would be frustrating to find out. This will serve as a learning experience for all of our staff to ensure that it can be handled more efficiently in the future.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Room a bit dated but clean. Bed was very comfortable,staff friendly and helpful. Beautiful pool area. Breakfast had a good variety of things to eat. There was coffee and fruit always available. Also had snack you could buy. There is a microwave and fridge in the room which came in handy.

Room Tip: Shower was a bit funky to figure out but we did it.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Anthony B, Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Very average as far as quality, I was expecting more from a Comfort Inn and Suites. AC fan would not shut off and had to be moved to new room. They moved me from a King bed room to a room with 2 double beds instead of maybe a King suite.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Shan'Tel M, Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you Steve for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay. All of our rooms at our property are suites. I do apologize for the inconvenience with the fan. I am pleased to announce that our property is scheduled to undergo a full renovation of all of our guest rooms.

I hope the next time your travels bring you to San Diego you can come and see the changes that we are making.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

There was large mold in vents, soiled mattress, very loud machine noises where the floor shook as long as heat/ AC was on....also, left over old food left on, in couch...I don't think any one who works there, would stay in that room....

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 169jack
Anthony B, Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Thank you 169jack for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. I have shared your feedback with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure that these areas are improved moving forward. I am also pleased to announce that the property is scheduled to undergo a full renovation of all guests rooms. We hope the next time you are in the area you can come back and see the changes.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel was nice and quiet and the staff was so helpful! The breakfast was tasty! The pool was lovely! The view was gorgeous!!! The room was large and so cozy. We enjoyed our stay!!! Would go back if ever in that area again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you MeganB5594 for taking the time to share your experiences. I will be sharing your kind words with our staff. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to San Diego.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights while visiting my home town for my 50th high school reunion. For a number of years, this was our home away from home while we visited family. At that point in time, the reception staff even knew us by name. That being said, we haven't stayed here for 5 years. I've read some of the reviews and, after our recent stay, I still rate this as one of my favorite Comfort Suites. This is a true suite with a bedroom totally separate from the living room! The wet bar in the living room, along with refrigerator and microwave make the suite very livable for multiple days. I checked out the fitness room but didn't use it this time - everything looked in good working order. I love the set up of hotel with the outside pool and jacuzzi being in the center and the rooms surrounding the landscaped courtyard. Our room was clean and the king sized bed was comfortable. Management does seem to have to turn a switch on at the desk to activate the air conditioner - our unit said the room was occupied but when nothing we did resulted in air, we called and "magically" the air started to work. Save yourself a grumble, just call the front desk if the air doesn't work. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was the usual. Most importantly, we would stay here again when we are on the road again in San Diego.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Anthony B, Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you Rosejuliet for sharing your experiences regarding your stay. We are happy that you chose our hotel for your accommodations for your reunion. We cannot wait to see you when your travels bring you back in the area.