All reviews sports court business park queen studio front desk microwave popcorn table tennis evening snacks business trip ping pong full size refrigerator business area home away from home marriott hotels extra space platinum member breakfast bar great place to stay
Reviewed January 20, 2016

My room was fantastic. I'm a light sleeper and I didn't hear a peep out of anyone. The breakfast buffet was included and early enough I could get up and out the door for business. I had a handicapped room so it was spacious. But the bathtub didn't drain well (I left a note for housekeeping so hopefully this is remedied.)

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Greg S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2016

Tglant,

I think our location really allows for a great nights sleep for our guests as we are tucked away in a very quiet area of Sorrento Mesa.

We are so glad that the early start of our full breakfast buffet was provided early enough for you to get a great start to your day.

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in San Diego.

Reviewed January 19, 2016 via mobile

This hotel was awesome! The area was super quiet. The room and bathroom were amazingly clean. I dare say this was the cleanest hotel bathroom I have ever seen. My bed was so comfortable and they have large flat screen tvs in both the bedroom and living room. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was delicious. No complaints from me.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Greg S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2016

TaWanda T,

I'm so glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

We have such an amazing team at this hotel. Everyone from our housekeeping associates to our Gatehouse attendants who prepare our complimentary full breakfast each day to our Front Desk team, they all strive to make sure all of our guests are well taken care of.

I will be sure to share you comments with our team.

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed January 18, 2016

Searched for several hotels in the San Diego area with 2 room suites. Found this hotel and couldn't have been happier. Great location not far from San Diego Gulls game we were attending at the Sports Arena. Staff was friendly and helpful at check-in and room was excellent and super comfortable. Breakfast was great with plenty of seating. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: We choose first floor, in hindsight should have chose third floor, noisy upstairs people.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Tom K

Tom K,

Well first, I hope your hockey team won.

I"m so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our guests have come to love our over-sized suites, especially our one and two bedroom suites as they offer much privacy for guests traveling with family or friends.

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in San Diego.

Reviewed January 17, 2016 via mobile

If you are coming to San Diego, this hotel is seven miles from La Jolla Beach. We live in Tucson AZ and have lots of sand, jus not a beach. We are over 62 and got the senior rate. Justin greeted us with a smile and welcomef us to the hotel. Each employee from front desk to groundskeeper is friendly, helpful, and professional.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mimi_linna
Greg S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2016

mimi_linna,

It looks like you found the location of our hotel to be ideal for your travel needs. As you mentioned, we are centrally located to all that San Diego has to offer. We are just minutes away from the beautiful beaches, San Diego Zoo, Downtown night life, Sea World and Lego Land just to name a few.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff, especially Justin.

Thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to hosting you again the next time you're in San Diego.

Reviewed January 16, 2016

The rooms are well designed with and I did not have experience commotion or noise.

The hotel is close to businesses in mira-mesa and servers purpose if that's what you wish to do. But it is not a holidaying hotel.

As a business traveler I felt that the quality of breakfast on offer was not good. The spread lacked fruits and boiled eggs. I did not even find a live omelette counter.

The staff at the hotel are quite helpful and nice!

Room tip: Ask for top floor corner rooms
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank travelMakesWiser
Greg S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2016

travelMakesWiser,

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed both the accommodations and service our staff provided during your recent stay.

As for the breakfast offerings you mention, while we don't offer a omelette station or hard boiled eggs, we do provide a full complimentary breakfast with a Belgian waffle station and a daily rotation between breakfast burrittos, breakfast sandwiches, biscuits and grave and french toast. This is all in addition to the scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, Canadian bacon which we offer daily.

I do hope you will stay with us again when you find yourself in San Diego.

Thank you.