“Ripe for Plucking”

Ranked #2,579 of 5,192 Restaurants in San Diego
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 30, 2013

A business associate took me to The Grape top sample their range of Port. It is a small venue, but that simply adds to its uniqueness as a Wine Bar with visually appealing decor. Literally tucked into an enclosed alley space, it is easy to miss if you are looking for it, but well worth a visit to partake of the truly impressive array of Wines and Port. I always include it as a repeat visit location when in the area!!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went with a friend because it was advertised in the San Diego Go Card booklet and it turned out to be a great find. Small but nice place. Staff was very friendly and the restaurant had a really good atmosphere. If you're looking for a hole-in-the-wall kind of restaurant, this is the place for you!

Reviewed September 9, 2010

The grape was a true find for my bf and I while visiting San Diego. We are young wine lovers and this place totally matched up w/ our wallets and pallets. They have an awesome happy hour m-f that offers 4.00 glasses of house wines and they give about 3 different varieties to choose from. They also offer wine flights, you can chose one from the pre selected list or make one up. I started out w/ one of the flights # 14 I think came w/ a rose a white and a red wine very good. We weren’t really hungry so we just stuck to apps but they have an unbelievable garlic cheese loaf!!!! it was sooo amazing. It was a wed evening and we were some of the only people in there so we were able to chat w/ our server and he told us about some other places worth checking out. We hung out there for the duration of happy hour I had a glass of the house cabernet and my bf had the house chard both by vista vineyards easy to drink and was a pretty good deal for the price. Def check out the grape you won’t be disappointed

Reviewed July 6, 2010

This place was the perfect wine bar. They had several flights available and you could even design your own flight. The prices were reasonable and they had fab appetizers and a decent happy hour. A welcome relief from the usual rowdy crowd downtown.