“Good service and food”

Mazara Pizza & Italian Deli
Ranked #1,857 of 5,272 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed June 18, 2017

June 17, 2017; I got the rigatoni with salmon both very good with their house salad. My wife got Lentil soup also good. Reasonable prices and good service. Both meals came with an abundance of garlic bread also good.
I would return.

Reviewed September 21, 2016

I've been driving by this place for years, finally stopped in for dinner. It was not what I expected. There was only one other group there but it took forever to get our food. Pizza was not much better than frozen pizza. Pasta was average. It does have a large room that would be great for a big group, just was hoping for better food.

Reviewed September 20, 2016

This is hipster's dream of an Italian place. Upon entering, you are greeted by a beer cooler that has wide variety of local and craft brews. There are also a selection of wine bottles to choose. You can buy any of these to have with your meal!

The dining room is retro to the max. There are frescoes of Venice on the wall to give it a real Italian feel. Music is provided by cable TV. There is a large, old school TV with the cable music channel. You know the one that also has music trivia? It is great.

If you are lucky, there are two table that are in the window so you can eat, drink, and watch people walk by. I love these seats. So much fun!

The food is old school Italian. No fancy new wave stuff here. This is the food grandma used to make. We happened to dine on a Saturday night when they had a pasta special (Spaghetti, Lasagna, and a small Pizza for 24 dollars) including salad. You really cannot beat his in San Diego. The marinara sauce was tasty. The pizza, while not the best in SD, was still quite good. The Lasagna was on par. There was so much food, I had it for lunch next day.

Overall, a good meal and good time!

Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

After a long day at the zoo, we grabbed a pizza to take home. My kids had 2 peices each and wanted more- which never happens! Wished we had gotten a bigger pizza! It was excellent and will definitely go back!!

Reviewed February 2, 2016

Friends and I went to this restaurant and you have a nice feel about it. The staff was pleasant and friendly!
The moment you walk in you smell the food and hear the conversations.
We ordered a medium pizza with onions ,sausage, garlic and mushrooms.
When it arrived at the table it was hot and looked delicious!
The first bite we took.... Mmmmmmmm fresh, tasty and what I loved about it you can taste everything in one bite!
It was truly the best tasting pizza I have had in a long time!
I look forward in tasting their pasta dishes!!
Parking is a bit hit and miss! But it is worth it! and the prices are reasonable!