“Tasty and a great atmosphere...”
Review of Gourmet India

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: F street
Reviewed December 24, 2017

Haven't found too many Indian restaurants that are convenient for us...but happened upon this one on our way to a show...and it was worth the stop. Service was a little slow, but they really only had 2 guys waiting on tables, so it was kind of expected...it was also Christmas eve. I was surprised how busy they were! We had the samosa, chicken tikka masala, butter chicken and 2 types of naan (garlic and cheese). It all came out very flavorful, and so filling! I plan to go back with a larger crowd so we can order a bigger variety of items so I can try even more! Would go back again...

Reviewed December 4, 2017

My son took me and my husband for lunch at Goumet India. I was very impressed by the restaurant, its ambiance, its delicious lunch menu, and the service.
I always enjoy eating at family run restaurants, and the Gourmet India was a total pleasure. I love Indian food, and it has been a favorite of mine for over 50 years. I enjoyed my meal which was a chicken biyani, and appetizers, and garlic naan. My husband had lamb and my son had a dish of Curry Nirvana, which I tasted and it was sublime. I was so full, that I could not eat more, though I would have loved to.
The service was wonderful..warm and inviting...Indian music and films showed on the t.v. and we truly enjoyed ourselves. Oh they also have a large vegan menu.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Our Uber driver recommended this place to us and because we love Indian food we decided to check it out. We ate outside and ordered a combo plate. The food was well presented however that taste was mediocre at best. The service was just poor and we had to wait for quite a while to get service and to get our bill. The desert was a scoop of ice cream for each of us so we each ordered different flavours. We were told we couldn't do that so ordered just one flavour. When we finally got the bill they had charged us for the special dessert with 2 flavours which they said they couldn't do. We ended up complaining and got the bill changed, but we weren't impressed . We won't go back.

Reviewed October 30, 2017

This restaurant is a disgrace to Indian cuisine. I ordered a tandoori chicken and they brought me parts of chicken with bones and made it into a regular oven, not in the tandori. And to make matters worse it was overcooked.

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Mediocre Indian food. For the price they are charging I would expect something better. Food was OK and not more..