All reviews waffle house steak restaurant breakfast room space center kennedy space free breakfast would stay again yogurt port canaveral nice pool bed was comfortable merritt island space coast cocoa beach durango mcdonalds cruise
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

This motel was clean. .nothing really stands out..but does have a nice breakfast buffet..it's fairly close to Kennedy space center..we watched a launch from a place about 3 miles from our room..overall..no complaints

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Martha A, General Manager at Best Western Space Shuttle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Jeff,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your opinion and hope you will return after our renovation so we can wow you with all the upgrades we have instore for you, our guest.

Reviewed August 14, 2018

The magnetic door locks worked about half the time.

Locked out of my room several times.

The staff blamed it on high humidity, but the locks were clearly fragile if not broken and need to be replaced.

Much of the time (esp at night) there is just one person on duty for the entire hotel (100 rooms or so).

No laundry facilities. Nearest public laundromat facilities are 2 miles away, and it's a doozy.

The staff seem to realize that most customers are generally unhappy.

Most staff do their best to accommodate, saying the place is old and needs rehab (they are right).

The stairs and bannisters have been painted over so many times they are thick with black paint.

All the AC units leak all over the balconies.

There are cute cats all over the premises that the staff take care of.

There is a Waffle House and Circle K within walking distance so very convenient.

The pool deck has orange cones and wood boards covering over places where repairs need to be made.

I nearly broke my ankle walking over a broken water outlet on the sidewalk (I was ok).

Rooms smell musty and moldy (you get used to it after a few days).

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Martha A, General Manager at Best Western Space Shuttle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

Scott,
I'm so sorry for the experience you shared. We will be remodeling soon and we hope you will come back to see all the changes we have in store for you our guests. Again my apologies for the issues you shared.

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

It was a horrible experience. I tried to not judge the reviews and wanted to have my own impressions but I shouldn’t have booked at the Best western, totally waste of money! We’ve been given a room with a Super loud AC, it would have been impossible to sleep with this crazy noise. Nobody cared at the front desk, not an apology or someone to offer a solution. I requested to move room but it was not appreciated at all. I have been given 2 full beds instead of the king that I paid extra for. A little bit upsetting but the noise from the AC was way too loud! The new room was right next door to the previous... So we could still hear the AC being loud. Pointless to move.
Rooms are far to be cleaned with filthy disgusting smell, ants on the desk, bathtub full of hair.... it is not worth what I paid and i should be refunded for all these hassles. I wanted to give a try to best western hotel but never again!!!!!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Martha A, General Manager at Best Western Space Shuttle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Didicelaeste,
I am so sorry for your experience. Please contact me at 321-269-9100 or by email at 10168@hotel.bestwestern.com to discuss your stay.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Wishing you a lovely stay,

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

This is an old facility that is showing its age and its wear and tear. We were fortunate to get a room the first night we stayed there as we arrived in the area with the newer facilities showing no rooms available. We ended up staying two nights because the staff’s effort to make our stay the best possible was on point. Yes, the facility was okay at best, but the front desk folks and maintenance crew were excellent. A special shoutout to Elizabeth in the breakfast service. This complimentary breakfast was as good as many $20 range breakfast buffets. Handmade yougart/fruit parfaits were delicious. Elizabeth made sure the small eatring area was clean and inviting through the entire morning. Food was hot, delicious and frequently replenished. I understand the facility is to be refurbished soon. I just hope the excellent staff will be taken care of during this time.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Mnhicks55,
Thank you for your honest and lovely review. We have such a wonderful staff and it is such a treat to see that they are appreciated by our guests. We are very excited about our upcoming renovation which will be starting shortly. We hope you will come back again soon to see all the fabulous changes we have in store for our guests.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Just driving up it looks very out dated. Then we went around back to our rooms. We had two rooms. My parents and sister were in one and it smelled so musty. A cleaning lady was standing in ours. She said someone forgot to put shampoo refills and that she needed to go get them. We always check our beds first. We wouldn’t let our kids go in the room. We found bed bugs all along the edges of our mattress. So we then checked the other room and at least one bed had several! This room also was out dated and smelled so bad. We got a full refund and went to the Hampton Inn down the road.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Jenny W
Martha A, General Manager at Best Western Space Shuttle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Jenny,
Your review is very concerning. Did you speak with the front desk about your issues? As I cannot not find any mention of the problem you described or a recent two room refund in our system. Please contact me at 321-269-9100 or 10168@hotel.bestwestern.com to discuss your experience. My apology for the situation you described. I hope to speak with you soon to figure out what happened and ensure a positive experience for future guests.