“Hidden gem in Manteo.”
Review of Shaddai

Shaddai
Ranked #19 of 38 Restaurants in Manteo
Reviewed April 21, 2017

This is a hidden gem in Manteo. Tucked away behind the Verizon store in the Piggly Wiggley shopping center. Inside, you will find friendly service, good food and a clean restaurant. I had the Peruvian Chicken which was slow roasted, well seasoned, and falling off the bone good. I had plantains on the side which were excellent. On my way in, I encountered two regular customers who raved about the place. A great stop for a taste not otherwise found in the area. I shall return.

Reviewed January 26, 2017

I live and work in Manteo year round and I just happen to love Tacos. So I was really sad when a great place "La Cabana" closed, but then I got happy again when I saw that Shaddai was now in their location. Although I had no clue what type of restaurant it would be. Shaddai is actually a Hebrew word which means Glory to God or is another name for God or something along those lines.

I went a few times to check out the tacos and was plenty satisfied with everything about it. The chips and salsa are on point too. Nice ambience and friendly people. But the experience which really made me like Shaddai was when I made a video about their tacos. They made tacos for the host who ate and reviewed them positively. They also cooked some food that the host was too full to eat...this is where I, the cameraman, comes in. They made this dish called Lomos Saltados which I've learned is a stir fry inspired by Chinese cuisine. It was fried steak over potatoes and I loved it! I ordered it again for take out which wasn't as good but that's just because it wasn't as hot and fresh.
They also do this cool kind off rotisserie chicken service where you purchase a half or a whole chicken, which comes with sides, and then you sit with your friends or family and share the meal in a communal way. This is a type of experience that is really lacking from American life and I for one can't wait to try this with my family.
I highly recommend Shaddai in Manteo.

Reviewed January 8, 2017 via mobile

We love to get the pork tacos and take them with us to go or dine in for a casual date night! We get them without the onions - delicious.

Reviewed December 1, 2016 via mobile

The food there is really good fish tacos are excellent and inexpensive. They have a good variety of Peruvian and Mexican food.

Reviewed September 15, 2016

This seems to be a second listing for Shaddai ... nevertheless, four of us went for lunch only to be told by our friendly server that there was NO Peruvian Chicken being cooked that day! We weren't sure if she was saying the kitchen equipment was out of order or that it had not yet been installed ... but the bottom line was: NO CHICKEN!

We made do with ordering a few other Peruvian items off the menu -- while they were nicely presented, none of them were especially noteworthy.

The restaurant also does NOT serve wine or beer.