“Downhill”
Review of Robber's Roost Books and Cafe - CLOSED

Robber's Roost Books and Cafe
Reviewed July 12, 2015 via mobile

This USE to be an awesome place to grab a coffee, look at books and watch hummingbirds. This trip was awful. Girl at the counter had nothing up and going for coffee. It was 8:22 AM. They open at 8:00AM. Chai, small or med., was like drinking a flavored hot water. Sad, this was one place that was a must stop in Torrey. We visit at least 3 to 4 times a year. They are under new management. Seems they will be again.

2  Thank cteeny

Reviewed July 11, 2015

I appreciate that the espresso bar was legit but if I had other options, I would take my business elsewhere. Cheer up, lady!

2  Thank gardengadabout
Reviewed July 3, 2015

OK, Robbers’s Roost is a fairylike and dreamy place where you can read a book and the garden is well kept. But my macchiato was not super for the price we paid and the service was not overly friendly. So, let’s not exaggerate the ratings : 3***.

2  Thank ludovicvn
Reviewed June 12, 2015 via mobile

We stopped in for coffee and we were glad we did. Coffee was fresh, strong and delicious! Also had the yogurt parfait. It was equally satisfying. Lovely, relaxing atmosphere inside and outside of the restaurant. So glad we stopped.

Reviewed June 6, 2015

We had been camping and came into town, wanting lunch and some time to catch up on the internet. It's a very pleasant place to do that. The coffee was, of course, excellent. The panini sandwich was OK but I thought the "wonder bread" texture of the bread was less than great. No matter, it was a charming break!

1  Thank Marlynne P