“Perfect little house with great view”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Front Porch & Entrance
Back Porch
Torrey main street
Floorplan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
JDm452
Grootschermer, The Netherlands
“Perfect little house with great view”
Reviewed May 18, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

This is such a nice place!
As other reviewers said: it is new, it is fully equipped and there is a book full of instructions about how every appliance works.
As an European I really appreciated that! because we have different TV systems and different coffee makers etc.

I loved the way the cabin was put together.
With the bedrooms and bathrooms that went with them on the opposite sites of the cabin - I can totally imagine two couples living here and still having privacy from each other.

For me as a solo traveller the living room with the kitchen block was ideal!
There were several electrical sockets on that kitchen block to plug my laptop into and charge my smart phone at the same time.
Great! sometimes you are searching all over the place for that.

Then there is the tv (with many channels!) and there is the fireplace!
Just wonderful because it was quite cold when I was here.
Add to that some very comfortable chairs.
Nice beds too.

I liked the location of this cabin - far from town but not completely isolated.
I loved the view looking out to the back to the mountains!
The complete view is awesome. Part of it is going down directly behind the cabin, then there are the trees and other houses on the same level, then the mountains that rise very high till they are so high that they have the snow on top.
When the late afternoon and early evening sun is shining on them that view is incredibly beautiful.
View looking the other side to the towering red rocks of Utah is not bad either!
It must be great sitting on one of the decks if the weather is pleasant.

There are even some extra very comfortable deck chairs provided that (I assume) can be used on the large sandy place behind the house when the sun has moved from East to South (so it has left the deck). Frankly there seems to be nothing these owners have *not* thought of!

About those owners!
When I arrived I had no idea how to open the door.
I called Martin fully prepared to be going to voice mail (happens a lot with rentals!) and then waiting for hours for a response.
But Martin picked up right away and he was there just a few minutes later! showed me how to get in, showed me how lots of things worked, was very nice and told me Linda would be by later.
She was - with a correct list of the tv channels - and when I -politely- invited her in she said no, no, she was respecting my privacy!

Would I recommend this rental to others? Absolutely!
Will I return! I intend to do just that - but preferable in a warmer period of the year.

Travelling group: Solo
fellowtra...
Salt Lake City, Ut
“Artistically decorated new property with peaceful, beautiful scenery”
Reviewed March 19, 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

I have visited Torrey and stayed at most of the lodges, cabins, motels over the past 25 years. I can say with some authority that this property is unique in that it is new, clean, well managed and feels like a home. The owners have stocked the frig, cupboards (sugar, salt, pancake mix, syrup, coffee, pam) so that you can actually cook a meal if you want. There are also good quality pots, pans, skillets, knives + unusual items like an ice cream maker, waffle maker. Appliances, furniture are IKEA or better. There are overhead fans, gas fireplace, full sized new w/d. There is an owner prepared book with menus from local restaurants+ manuals to any appliance or gadget you might have questions about. There are excellent books covering regional topics along with binoculars for studying the vista. This property reminds me of upscale lodges or hotels in America or Costa Rica or elsewhere that provide you with not only comfortable lodging, but an enriched environment to enhance your visit. Thank you for offering this experience to us. I certainly appreciate it and will help maintain it's pristine condition.

Liked best: Privacy and quality
Liked least: Having to leave after 2 days
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Management Response
20 Mar 2015
I am so glad you enjoyed the stay in our home! I'm happy our efforts in making this house feel like home is working. We love sharing this special place. Please tell your friends about us and we hope to see you again in the future.
BirdieBak...
Vancouver, Washington
“A 5 Star B & B!”
Reviewed September 19, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

We cannot say enough great things about this vacation rental! The home is brand new, beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean, and well appointed. There is not a single thing that has been overlooked and the owners could not be more accommodating.

If you are looking for a great property with beautiful views, this is the place to stay! Honestly, the pictures on the website are very accurate, but cannot quite do it justice. The beds are very comfortable as is the living room furniture. You will want to spend most of your time, however, traveling in the spectacular Capital Reef National Park (10 minutes away) or out on one of the two decks enjoying the scenery and the night sky!

The little town of Torrey also offers several great places to eat, listen to music, and shop. There are guide services and a Saturday market, several galleries, and a dancehall! We love it here and will be back!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Very comfortable house, exeptionally well appointed.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing