All reviews holiday inn express cracker barrel gas station room was clean front desk indoor pool myrtle beach would stay here again rocky start sausage bacon other travelers comfortable hotel super nice we've stayed apple festival check in was a breeze breakfast was excellent
Reviewed October 15, 2017

I pride myself in researching locations before going there, but was severely disappointed with this stay.The bed and room looked clean and fresh, until I saw the night stand with fingernail clipping on it. The bottom of the bathroom shower curtain was filthy. It had dirt, hair and something else on it, and it was on the outside of the curtain. Fortunately, we had joining rooms, so I showered next door (that shower and room was fine). When I brought this up to the staff, and they reimbursed half of one of my rooms (which was nice, thank you), I lost half of my Choice Privileges member points on my reservation. Not cool!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2017

We stayed here for a long weekend in the end of September of 2017. It's a newer quality inn not too far off of I-26 in Hendersonville. We chose this hotel over others because of the price range and reviews from other travelers. Prices are generally more expensive during apple season and the rates were more in our price range here. We had a king sized room with a pullout bed for our Daughter and it was clean and comfortable. The hotel sits behind a combo gas station/McDonalds and is caddy corner to a Cracker Barrel. The hotel offers a free continental breakfast with eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, pastries/breads, cereal, juices and coffee. Plenty for us. It also had a pool but we forgot our bathing suits.

It was very close to what we wanted to explore in and around Hendersonville, namely the apple orchards during apple picking season and the Psigah national forest. Justus orchards is very close, about a ten minute drive from the hotel.

When we visited, we had a huge wedding party also visiting the hotel at that time. I suppose the fall is a wonderful time for a weekend wedding and there were large numbers of well dressed guests coming and going from the hotel. We didn't really hear any noise at all during our stay and we slept comfortably.

Room Tip: Second floor was quiet
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2017

We stayed at the Quality Inn Flat Rock over Labor Day weekend while visiting the NC Apple Festival in Hendersonville. The hotel is very well taken care of. Our room was in prefect condition, very clean and comfortable. The hotel provides a free hot breakfast, and has an indoor pool, which is awesome. The location is easy to access from I-26, and is within very short walking distance of a Cracker Barrel and a McDonalds for lunch and dinner needs. The front desk staff was very friendly as well. I definitely recommend this as a place to stay while visiting the area, or if just passing by.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2017

We really liked the cleanliness of this hotel. It was quiet around the hotel, easy to check in, and the breakfast was really good. We would definitely stay here again. This location is close to many things in Flat Rock, Hendersonville, Asheville, and also convenient to the Asheville airport. Also a good gateway to the Greenville & Spartanburg areas if you are doing outdoor activities in the mountains of NC and Upstate of SC.

Room Tip: We were on the back side of the hotel, and close parking to our room and the back entrance was convenient.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2017

So so hotel. Not bad, but not best either. Room was dated, sofa in the suite needs replaced, as does carpet, sheets wore, hair in bathroom. A room where you didn't want to take your shoes off. Clerk who checked us in was not friendly at all, she wasn't rude, but did not go at all above to suggest eating places, etc. Just very dry. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple