See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 26, 2017

My family and I had to make a quick stay here because of the nasty winds in White's City. When we arrived the lady in the front was very very nice. The rooms were very clean. The only thing wrong was they ran out of milk for breakfast cereal.

1  Thank robledo_mickey
Praful P, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2017

Dear robledo_mickey,

Thank you for leaving your five star rating of our hotel. It's rewarding to learn that we exceeded your expectations with the accommodations, hospitality and cleanliness of our guest rooms. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the breakfast as this will help us to continue to improve upon the guest experience. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed March 23, 2017

Good motel with a decent price. Only one room was vacant when I arrived and it was a smoking room. I had been to about 5 other motels in Carlsbad and none had vacancies, that's why I took this room.
I really expected a filthy room cause smokers tend to leave their room with an aroma that can cause second hand smoke cancer. But no, this room had a minimal smell of smoke. My only complaint was that they forgot to clean an ashtray in the room. Everything else was great.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Praful P, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2017

Dear H4530ASgabrielg,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding your most recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the value and that you found the accommodations and service to be satisfactory. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the ashtray, things like this are not missed by our staff and mistakes like this should never be overlooked. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 23, 2017 via mobile

Old building which could use some cleaning and fixing.

Bed was clean and slept well.

Just not the same standards of clean that
most motels have. Need to sweep baseboard area before vacuuming as vacuum doesn't pick up that close.

Breakfast is for carb lovers.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Dear Laufrain,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am so sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations of quality service and accommodations. I apologize if you did not feel that our housekeeping met your own standards of cleanliness, though our own standards are very high and include checking up to ensure that rooms are as clean as can be. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for you and other guests in the future.

Reviewed March 5, 2017

We stay 2 nights at the Super 8 and gave the kids baths both nights in the bathtub on the second night we looked at the tub a little more closely and it looks like it resembles black mold in the tub

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Praful P, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2017

Dear Coolbaughrobert,

Thank you for your review, your feedback and your comments regarding your stay. I do apologize for the issues with the bath tub and especially that we were unable to take care of that for you right away. It is of the highest importance that things like this are not missed by our staff and mistakes like this should never be overlooked. We will address the housekeeping task right away for the benefit of our future guests, which hopefully will include yourself.

Reviewed February 22, 2017 via mobile

I wasnt sure what to expect of this location after reading prior reviews, but I booked anyway because of price and close distance to Carlsbad Caverns. The building itself is older, but my room appeared to have been updated. Breakfast included. All was fine.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Praful P, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2017

Dear mcsh41,

Thank you so much for sharing your review and giving us an honest look at the guest experience in Super 8 Carlsbad hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the value and the convenient location of our hotel! On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.