Hotel 50 Bowery NYC
US$107
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$123
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$130
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

US$215
US$191
  • Room Service
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$116
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$105
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$98
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Bar/Lounge
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 53% below average rates

The price you found is 53% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$193/night.

Dream Downtown(New York City)
US$279
Dream Downtown
  • Pool
All reviewsmanhattan bridgerooftop barjonathan adlergold restaurantchinatown locationnew yorklower east sidea city view roomcanal steast villageamazing hotelcomplimentary breakfastfront officefinancial districtthe empire state buildingperfect staylocation is great
Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

Stayed 5 days in this New hotel for Business , can say one of the best hotel I have stayed in great Apple , location is perfect for a businessman from Hong Kong , bring Chinatown is right at your doorsteps , Hotrl’s decor is Mordene and chic and cozy , excellent bed , and the climate control is TGIF best I have encounter in New York hotels
The staff is great too all very helpful especially the manager Mr Vaught great guy make you feel you are vip so as the concierge ,
The hotel cafe gold and rice is also very good mixture of fusion Asian and western food , great decor ,
Definitely will be my hotel of New York in the future

Andrew

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew H
Paul_Kim50, other at Hotel 50 Bowery NYC, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2018

Thank you Andrew H! We appreciate you staying with us during your business trip, we hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back! Vaughn is amazing, I'll be sure to thank him and our concierge for you, please come back again!

All the Best,

Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

Vaughn is living proof that all the good ones are taken! He’s super sweet, very well dressed and so helpful! He knows so much about this beautiful city! The bed is a cloud in heaven. The pillows are a god-send! And the crowd is super chic! If you were looking for the sex and the city vibe you’ve found it! I would recommend this hotel stay to ANYONE! Xoxo

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Sparkle S

Thank you Sparkle S! We're thrilled to hear you had a superb stay! Vaughn is the best, we hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again. Thank you for recommending us! We'll see you soon!

All the Best,

Reviewed January 18, 2018

Having stayed at Hotel 50 Bowery in December 2017, we feel compelled to add our review. Its been very difficult writing this review as we don't agree with most of the other reviews. I can totally understand everybody dismissing our review against such a large percentage of positive reviews but if you do visit and think my review has any substance please tick the "Thank" box as it would make interesting reading and back our findings.

On arriving at the hotel we found it to be a small square tower block consisting of around 21 floors. The ground floor being the reception area that was small and typical of a UK city Travel Lodge. The reception staff were very nice, helpful and well trained? We were given an upgrade to the 20th floor without even asking and advised to visit the bar on the 21st floor. It was 7.30 pm and we had a job to keep awake from an exhaustive journey so advised the receptionist that we were going straight to bed. Little did we know our upgrade was right below the bar so we did not sleep until after 2am. On two occasions when we did want to visit the bar for the 360 degree night view, we were told sorry private party.

We paid for a city view room but got a view overlooking an arch and the river. In reality only one elevation of the hotel overlooks the city but i guess the hotel would class all elevations as city views. Taking this into consideration we probably were down graded.

The rooms have a modern art decor with very comfortable beds and a nice shower but offers no real comfort if you were to spend any time in the room. They are only for sleeping. In comparison the Premier Inns offer far better comfort. The four days we stayed here we found most of the cliental to be of the younger generation who find the hotel cool. The hotels restaurant is located next door and serves mostly asian food at night. We did also try breakfast there but my cooked breakfast had a Chinese tang to it. They obviously use the same pans in the morning.

The location is in china town and is a working area for the local residents until late at night. We found the area to be smelly and dirty and did not trust many places to eat. We did not see that many tourists in china town, only those heading to the subway. The nearest subway is a decent walk, a good 10 minutes.

On check-in the hotel deducts a large sum of money from your credit card or debit card as security. This money does not leave your account but will show as deducted if you check with your online banking. On check-out you will not understand your bill as its full of complicated deductions that even my accountant wife was baffled. Although we paid in full at check-out, the hotel would not release the security money. We had to wait a further two weeks for the charge to be released. This can pose problems for those on a tight budget or those getting close to their card limit. I did also see a small deduction from my account (about £5) that the hotel had done without even informing me after i had arrived home. We have been all around the world in top hotels and never experienced this type of business method.

Would i stay again, sorry but NO. There are so many nice areas of New York with much better facilities and subway access to choose from.

Room Tip: The higher the better for view but not near 21st floor bar. Ask for DIRECT city view room.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
24  Thank oldbeau
Vaughn D, Director of Front Office at Hotel 50 Bowery NYC, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2018

Ni Hao Oldbeau,

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your honest and detailed feedback.

We are sincerely sorry that you didn’t have a superlative stay at our little gem in Chinatown. We strive to deliver joy to every guest that comes through our doors, unfortunately we didn’t execute that goal in your experience.

It would be an honor if you gave us another chance as I think we can give you the vital information needed to navigate this unique and rarely explored part of NYC. We challenge you to come and live like a local, I will personally give you the detailed guidance needed to see Chinatown in all of its splendor. Please contact me directly via email (vdavis@jdvhotels.com) when up for round 2!

Zai Jian!

Reviewed January 16, 2018

This was our 2nd time staying here and it was just as wonderful as the 1st. Hotel is lovely and everyone is so nice - from the person who checked us in to the bartender Rafique at the rooftop bar (who made some awesome cocktails for us) to the person who brought us room service coffee each morning. Looking forward to returning!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Wow almartz! Welcome back, thank you for choosing to stay with us again! We're thrilled to be your new favorite hotel, looking forward to welcoming you back! Until next time!

Reviewed January 16, 2018

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a sort of "babymoon" in December as I am due this March. We looked around at many hotels and decided to spend a little extra to stay at this hotel due to the great reviews and amenities. Upon check-in everything went smoothly and our stay Wed/Thurs was great except for the uncomfortable bed (however, my husband and I are sensitive and need firm/foam mattresses, so not exactly their fault). Friday evening we went out and upon returning, there was loud music from a party on a lower floor of the hotel. This was at 2am and I called the front desk, they apologized and notified me that it was a "private party" that was until 4am and that they would notify them to turn the music down. Nothing happened and I was forced to deal with it. The next day, the hotel called me to apologize and inform me that it would not happen again. They also said that they would stop by our room to drop off a gift as an apology. Glad I didn't hold my breath because neither of which happened. Saturday evening no gift (which is fine, they didn't have to) and another party until 4am. I called the front desk again multiple times and music was never turned down. I could not sleep at all and ended up getting sick after that weekend trip. Upon check out I spoke with a manager that informed me that they would work with the company I booked through to give us a $100/night refund, which now I have been informed through the second company the hotel changed their mind to just $100 only. What a joke. I assume if you are there to party you may be fine, but if you are trying to visit New York and get some rest/relaxation, this hotel is not for you. It is a shame because it is a beautiful hotel with nice amenities and rooms.

Room Tip: Do not stay on lower or higher floors as you may be subject to loud music from parties below or the bar above.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Reecha K

Ni Hao Reecha K!

It was an honor to be chosen as the destination for your Babymoon.

Regretfully, we weren’t able to deliver greatness to you and your husband during this important vacation.

Please rest assured that we have addressed all concerns directly with our executive committee and have corrective measures installed to ensure that this doesn’t happen to any other guest moving forward.

Kindly contact me directly as It would be a pleasure to make amends directly. My email is vdavis@jdvhotels.com.

Zai Jian