“I love this for pre theater supper”
Review of Bar Boulud

Bar Boulud
Reserve with OpenTable
Bar Boulud is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #784 of 13,619 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: 64th Street
Transit: Columbus Circle and Lincoln Center subway stops are within blocks of the restaurant. Local Broadway bus lines stop directly in front of the restaurant.
Description: Bar Boulud is Chef Daniel Boulud’s casual wine bar and bistro located across from Manhattan’s Lincoln Center. A sumptuous array of house made charcuterie complements classic bistro cooking at both lunch and dinner. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner seven days and offers pre- and after-theater dining as well as a four-course weekend brunch for $32.00. Outdoor dining is available on the Broadway sidewalk terrace seasonally. We offer a 3-course prix-fixe at lunch for $29.00 and a $45.00 price fixe menu for dinner, as well as a la carte options. Three private wine themed dining rooms adjacent to the walk-through wine cellar are available for private events.
New York
“I love this for pre theater supper”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Incredibly well priced tasting menu before the theater with a staff that's delighted to have you. Incredibly good Mediterranean food and elegant aesthetic right across from Lincoln Center.

Visited November 2011

NE US
“Go next door to the take out shop instead”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

My colleague and I went for lunch during restaurant week, mainly because of the menu options- a pork terrine app and cassoulet as a main course. Well, a few days before our reservation, I checked the menu on-line and they had replaced the cassoulet with beef wellington. We still decided to go. Overall, the atmosphere is only a cut above a diner. In addition, the restaurant week menu was very different from the original and the second one. Now there was no pork terrine (although it existed at the take out place next door), but a head cheese terrine. We ended up ordering a pureed soup instead. Further, the beef wellington was replaced by a pasta with goat. I know sometimes things change on the menu for restaurant week, but many restaurants try to keep to their menu during that time since many of us select where we go based on that. I almost wish I had suggested to my colleague that we leave and try Boulud Sud next door. In addition, none of the food was particularly good. I was expecting wonderful French brasserie style food, but this was a disappointment. If you want great food of this type, go to Plein Sud in Tribeca instead.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Richard F
Americus, Georgia
“ALWAYS good”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

So convenient if going to the opera. The place is packed and for good reason. We will definitely return.

Visited February 2012
New York City
“Just so-so”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Went for restaurant week lunch with a colleague. The posted RW menu changed twice since the res was made, the options we were given at lunch were not as tempting as when we made the res. Disappointing. The food was fine; soup was good although not exciting, pasta dish and lime tart were good as well, just not what we had in mind when booking this restaurant. The decor was a little odd (framed wine stains?) and the seating was bar-ish (read: tight). Service was fine. Just not the wow experience I was hoping for. The shop next door was 10x more exciting to me!

• Visited February 2012
New York, NY
“Great Steak”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

This is one of my favorites, great wine and food, and also has a great "bakery" next door for your next days breakfast and also close to Lincoln Cinema. Catch a great film after dinner.

Visited January 2012