“Didn’t meet my expectations!”

Momofuku Noodle Bar
Ranked #214 of 14,730 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: East Village
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Heard about this from friends and also saw good reviews, but honestly thought it was quite average.

It was pretty busy when we got there, but we didn’t have to wait too long for a seat - maybe about 10 minutes and we sat at the bar which was fine. Service was ok, but nothing amazing.

Had the Momofuku ramen, and wasn’t a huge fan of the broth - it was strong, but not in the best way and have definitely had better elsewhere. Also had the mushrooms as a starter and they were very good. Overall, pricey for what it is and the ramen was disappointingly average.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,242)

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

I’m from LA and know how to take attitude but wow the hostess at your place 3/28 made us feel unwelcome and an intrusion which as a Korean American is saying something. Please consider who you take on to represent your brand as despite my 10 years of following your restaurants she turned me into a non believer. I cannot believe that you think that kind of attitude is okay and hope you will address.

3  Thank Di_hMarin_CA
Reviewed March 27, 2018

This restaurant is crazy popular. Time it right to avoid a longish wait. But, trust me the wait is worth it! The shrimp buns were amazing as was the momofuku ramen. We sat at the bar right in front of the open kitchen. The best seats in the house! So much fun to dine and watch the “oiled like a machine” kitchen staff. Was hard to order because everything that came out of the kitchen looked so delicious! One thing: don’t order wine as the prices are ridiculous. Stick with beer. And, by the way, they don’t serve coffee and we know why. The restaurant does not want people to linger! A fun, informal, delicious experience! Complete with that NYC buzz!

Reviewed March 27, 2018

I heard a lot about this restaurant before visiting NYC.
I had never tried ramen in my life so I thought I should give it a try. We were lucky who got a table as soon as we entered, the place was packed.

We ate well and enjoyed the food very much, kids also loved the ramen soup.

Reviewed March 21, 2018

I enjoyed this place. We got there late on a Wednesday night and there was a wait for about 30 minutes. I don't typically wait for a dinner table, especially in a city that has 10+ restaurants to a block, but I had been wanting to try this restaurant out, so we waited for seats. Got seated at the bar, and ordered a shrimp bun and a Ramen bowl.. Both were really really good. I could've eaten three of the bao buns...they were so tasty! Everyone in the restaurant really seamed to be enjoying their food. No complaints.