Open today: 6:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Central Park
from US$6.00
from US$50.00
from US$30.00
from US$89.99
122,321 results
All reviews strawberry fields new york john lennon boat house horse and carriage belvedere castle alice in wonderland statue busy city bethesda fountain the hustle and bustle rent a bike ice skating big city concrete jungle an oasis green space people watch
Reviewed March 16, 2018

Myself and my wife did an Uptown sightseeing tour, and this covered a portion of the edges of Central Park which gave us an idea of how vast it actually is.
After the tour we went on foot to explore the park, entering at the Columbus Circle end.
We only had four days on our first ever visit to New York so didn't spend as much time in the park as we would have liked to as there were so many other places we wanted to explore and visit.
Anyway, we still wanted to visit and enjoyed what we had the time to see.
We reckon one could easily spend a whole day in the park and still not see everything.
Perhaps the end of February was not the best time to see the park at its colourful best but it still provided a good escape and chill out time away from the hustle and bustle of Downtown.
All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable visit, and it seemed odd to be in a park which was surrounded by skyscrapers!
Would recommend allowing yourself plenty of time (if your itinerary allows) in order to visit a good proportion of the park and to take in as many sights within the park as possible.

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

Loved the place a little bit of peace away from the madness!! I was so surprised to see roads and traffic lights in there though

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

Cool place for strolling, recreational play, walking the dog, exploring nature, or simply people watching. Nice to see greenery when most of NYC is a concrete block. Plenty of runners, walkers, bicyclists witnessed and of course commercial trying to offer you everything from a bus tour of city to a carriage ride of the park. A nice break from the hustle and bustle of walkway congestion on your typical NYC streets.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

I didn’t know what to expect from Central Park in February. Obviously in the spring and summer and even autumn it’s stunning but even the winter Central Park was beautiful. You can almost imagine how spectacular it would be in spring.
We walked most of the park and there was so much to see. My favourite part was the big fountain next to the lake. Underneath the road is a little tunnel and there were a few musicians singing and it truly was magical. The interior of this tunnel was beautiful, not what I would expect for a park.
Regardless of the season you visit New York, Central Park is a must! It’s magical no matter the season

Reviewed March 15, 2018

I was staying at a hostel three blocks south of it at 56th. So I walked over one day after breakfast, stared at the Trump Plaza, and thought I'll just walk around a bit. But soon the beauty, and the vibrant crowd had me climbing rocks, and soon I was jogging across the length of the park, and half-way around the lake, out through the North end. But I took a detour onto the city street to check out the houses and suddenly found myself at the Museum. So I went in - and that was a great tour. (It's free, and has a free guided tour too!).
Bonus: As you come out of the North end of the park, you're just a few blocks from Columbia University. And so I walked over.

Note: The 50 or so blocks are very small - so you can run even if you're only moderately fit like me.

Date of experience: November 2017