“It's all about the food”
Review of Wildwood BBQ - CLOSED

Wildwood BBQ
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Neighbourhood: Gramercy Park
Cross street: Between 18th and 19th Streets
Transit: N, Q, R, W, L, 4, 5 & 6 trains to 14th Street/Union Square. M2 & M3 buses to 19th Street and Park Avenue. M5 to 18th Street and Park Avenue (bus)
Description: After five and a half years, Wildwood Barbeque, owned and operated by BR Guest Hospitality, will close for business on Monday, January 13th due to the lease's expiration. Operating the space for nearly 20 years, we have been deeply committed to the neighborhood and would like to thank our guests and the Gramercy community for their support. BR Guest, under the leadership of James Gersten and Starwood Capital Group, look forward to continuing our efforts towards the growth and expansion of Bill's Bar and Burger, Dos Caminos, Strip House and Seafood concepts along with our neighborhood mainstays in New York City and our partner properties in Las Vegas, Atlantic City and Fort Lauderdale. We're moving up your happy hour to Dos Caminos Park Avenue! Join us Monday thru Friday from 3:00pm-6:30pm. Take your pick from our special menu of Mexican fare cocktails. Dos Caminos Park Avenue 373 Park Ave South (Located between 26th and 27th Streets)
“It's all about the food”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I've tried a few items on the menu, Three Little Pigs being my favorite (it gives you a bit - albeit a HUGE bit - of everything pork), and, frankly, it lasted me 3 days. I kid you not. Reheats lovely.

Great place, owners/staff clearly care about what they put on your plate and care about you. I'm picky over my food, and like to switch it up often, but in all honesty didn't mind the 3-day Wildwood binge.

It's just really REALLY good food at a reasonable price for the area. Lets face it, Manhattan is hardly famous for its BBQ. In that regard, Wildwood is VERY un-Manhattan. It's very Manhattan in the way the food is presented and the people who work there.

I will keep coming back.

• Visited February 2012

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Best and freshest BBQ in the NYC area - a must go!”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I found this restaurant through the NYC Restaurant Week list, and I'm a lover of BBQ, and I was taken aback on how good it was. When you enter the restaurant, the atmosphere is amazing - wonderful service, great seating (very Western-like), and each dish was delivered fresh and quick. The ribs smelled great (although I was too full to try them), the soup was meaty (beans and shredded steak - mmm!) and the root beer float - made with Abita Root Beer (from Louisiana, of course!) was cold and creamy.

The menu is large, but the waitresses will explain everything to you - I didn't know what the Fried Green Tomatoes were, but she explained to me every ingredient that was inside (it sounded really good, but it was cold, and I wanted stew). I love how the drinks come out - I got some water, and it didn't come in a cup like you'd see at any restaurant. It's hard to explain what the cups looked like, but if you look at the pic of the sandwich, you'll see them. They really are the kings of BBQ in the northeast region.

• Visited January 2012
Hong Kong, China
“A bustling place with great food”
Reviewed 6 November 2011

WILDWOOD is dark, loud and bustling. The food is classic American BBQ. The staff are extremely welcoming to children and the service is amazing. I recommend Wildwood to anyone who is after a good feed before a night out. The array of large screens also allow you to watch the latest baseball/gridiron games. Nothing to complain about here!

• Visited October 2011
Oceanside, New York
“Good value & giant portions”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I came here with a large group of cousins in July and we really enjoyed ourselves. We didn't wait too long to be seated, and the menu had all your classic bbq food. For Manhattan, the prices were good, especially when you consider the fact that you get a gigantic plate of food. We all sampled each others dishes and everything was delicious. I would recommend the pulled pork, it was really good. The bar and atmosphere were great as well. Its location close to Union Square is another plus.

Visited July 2011
Brooklyn, NY
“Good for ribs and whiskey”
Reviewed 28 April 2010

Tried this place on Saturday night. Was pretty crowded for a 9pm table, so I'd probably recommend getting a reservation on weekends. Fairly large place with TVs scattered around, mostly showing sports. Service was good (and very understanding of our large and somewhat rowdy group).

The menu pretty much consists of ribs and bourbon. There are probably 6 or 7 varieties of beef and pork ribs and about 25 brands of bourbon. Otherwise, there are a few salads or sandwiches, but not a whole lot else. So plan accordingly. I thought it was a decent value, but not great. Ribs ran around $20 per plate and drinks were in the $9-12 range.