“Get some focaccia bread!”
Review of Eataly Downtown

Eataly Downtown
Ranked #747 of 15,761 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Reviewed December 16, 2016

Love visiting Italy when in a city that has one. This one is inside the Oculus building near the 9/11 Memorial site. Very large store with different food stations where you can get food to go or eat in. I personally love their homemade pasta and pizza. And don't miss the focaccia bread counter where you can get giant pieces of sweet or savory focaccia. Great fruit selection, wine selection and may gifts for the foodie in your family. Even if you aren't hungry, just go here to browse and enjoy the scenery!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed December 15, 2016 via mobile

Was a bit disappointed by this one.
Hostesses were the opposite to warm and welcoming, which started the lunch off badly.

We eventually got the window table we had asked for, thanks to one of 2 great switched on staff members, and the view over the 9/11 memorial is an unexpected but appreciated experience.

I had Quattro Fromaggio pizza, which was heavy on the salt, and overlooked on the underside- but I ate most of it due to dire hunger.

My partner's Lasagne was cold.
They said they were making a new one- instead they reheated the first one (which was fine) but I was basically done with my meal by the time it came back. It was much more pasta and much less meat compared with any Lasagne we have had before, including what we have had in Italy. I guess that's the cheaper way to make Lasagne.

If you want coffee or dessert then you have to go elsewhere- which is a shame as it breaks the experience.

If you're starving then this restaurant is conveniently located.
If you want to eat as well as the decor promises- I wouldn't recommend this place, as you would be disappointed.

Expect a food court experience, rather than an upmarket lunch.

Reviewed December 14, 2016

Very convenient to 9-11. Great menu choices. Quick service and great staff. Food was very fresh and excellent bread. Nice beer and wine selections.

Reviewed December 12, 2016

We don't have any exclusive Italian store (supermarket) in the bayarea so this heaven for me! I love the decor and how the area was designed. They have excellent food selections from cheese, pasta, cookies, salad...etc. My only comments are while the store/restaurants are great but some of the staffs are not...some were rude and others were unfriendly. It almost feels like they do not want to be there or something...I bought some items here such as pizza, salad, biscotti and pandora cake.

All in all, I would still recommend this place.

Reviewed December 11, 2016 via mobile

We went to Eataly for breakfast before visiting 9/11 memorial. The coffee was espresso and best we have had in NYC! The take away pastries, sandwiches & coffee also looked great. However we sat down in the restaurant section for breakfast. The granola was as least 2/3 yoghurt and the eggs & semolina tasteless. On the whole very disappointing. It did have good ambience- consider take out section only.