“overpriced, cramped, unhelpful” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Warwick New York

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Warwick New York
Ranked #90 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York
“overpriced, cramped, unhelpful”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

Just stayed here this past weekend - they screwed up my reservation (had me down for 1 night instead of 2) and after showing them the print out for 2 nights still had to fight to get a room + never got an apology. Room was small, dark, and old (not "quaint").

Stay across the street at the Hilton, trust me!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Grandpuba007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (797)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

The staff @ the Warwick blew us away!! I had sent an e-mail a few weeks before my parents & I left requesting that we have rooms close together and that both rooms have a view (we had stayed @ Hotel Mela in 2010, and had a lovely view of a brick wall and the local pigeons and their nests). When we arrived the staff was very friendly and made the check in process very easy!! They booked us with rooms that were right across the hall from one another (Rooms 2021 & 2022) that were beautiful, but unfortunately both rooms had 2 double beds!! Now I personally sleep in a double bed every night & the princess in me wanted a king sized bed all to myself : P!! So I went to the front desk just too see if there could be a change made..... and the young lady @ the desk said that moving to another room with a king bed & a view would not be a problem, but it would be on a different floor than my parents!! So I was moved to a beautiful room (2619) on the corner of the hotel with a gorgeous view of 6th Ave!! I was thrilled!!!
This was my third trip to the big apple and there were still so many things I wanted to do!! Unfortunately the weather hindered a lot of thought plans!! It poured for almost four of the five days we were there!! POURED!! The one day we thought was going to be nice, we decided to go walking in Central Park (which is a must, I am not really an out doorsie kind of girl, but it's just gorgeous) anyways we got to about the middle of the park and it started to rain, then pour, and then of course that's when we realize.... we are lost.... which was okay in the beginning, being caught in the rain in Central Park is not the worst thing that could happen!! It's beautiful for the first 15 mins or so.... then you get soaked and then cold and then your not so ready to "see where this path takes us" (MOM)!!! But we all got out in one piece!!
So needless to say September is definitely a better time to go!! In 2009 & 2010 September was hot, hot, hot!! May is very humid & wet. Although it was Fleet Week when we were there so it was definitely nice to see all the hunkie Navy Officers : P.

Room Tip: As with most hotels, the higher you are the less noise and a better view.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank carmenj_1986
Ontario, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

Stayed at the Warwick for a conference. Old but elegant property, good location, but the service and problem resolution skills of the staff and management of this property and the corporate office of the chain leave much to be desired.

Not only did every request to housekeeping require multiple phone calls, but the maid accidentally threw out a pair of my pearl earings! When I asked the front desk manager for compensation aroun the $40 value (which is very modest relatively speaking to the actual cost of the earings and the $300 rate I paid per night).

No one at the hotel bothered to try and problem solve and they had 2 days to do it. My complaint was met with defensiveness from security, no proposed resoultion from hotel management (not even a free breakfast), and head office shrugged it away, promising to send me the $40, but never did.

Considering this hotel attempts to compete with other elegant hotels in the same area, I would expect the service at this kind of property to be excellent. The whole handling of my incident left a very sour impression and if hotels like this aren't in the business of providing a quality product the whole way around then I am not sure why they even bother.

I say go somewhere else, it's not like there is a shortage of hotels in NYC if you are willing to spen $300-400 pn.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank T W
Fernandina Beach Fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

This a reasonably priced hotel with a friendly staff and a great mid town location. It isn't a glitsy place as compared to some hotels in Asia etc., but it is charming, very comfortable and clean. I enjoyed their breakfast serving at Murals;great service and good food! I had a lovely room with a terrace, table ahd chairs and a great city view. One minor tolerable problem is the fact that there are only three elevators and at times the elevator service is slow. It has a great history and again price and location are great. I have stayed here many times in the past and will be anxious to come back again when visiting New York City.My visits are usually brief but I have enjoyed some great weekends here.

Room Tip: 2307 was terrific
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

Warkwick hotel is very well located facing MOMA and madison and most interesting shopping areas. The service is excellent, the concierge extremely helpful and the rooms quite large and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

I hold this to high standards due to the price. However I got some goooooooooooooooood rates so I shouldnt really complain but even with those goooooooooooooood rates it was still pricey (but its NEw York). However a finer attention to detail and it would be an easy 5.

Just a few nitpicks:
a) The A/C is loud...very loud. Seems to work by either being very cold high blast mode or fan mode.
b) I wish the luggage guys could act as doormen to hold the doors or greet you when you come in. Something Kimptons and Renassiance hotels understand.

Otherwise nice rooms, good room service, nice staff, excellent location. There are 3 subways serving the hotel and a hot dog cart across one road with a Gyro cart across the other for cheap eats (NYC is expensive). Times Square, Rockeller Plaza, MOMA, NY Library, Central Park and other sights are verrrrrry easy walks away.

Room Tip: Ask for floors with a view and quiet A/Cs.
Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Great location. Very large rooms for a NYC hotel. Very helpful staff, flat screen tv and a great mini bar. Need I say more?

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business