“Problem solved”

GreenLeadersBronze level
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“Problem solved”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The hotel was incredible as are all W experiences. We went to our room the first night and while things were great we did notice a shower leak on the next morning. Millie was the associate that responded to our call and when she observed the leak, not only did she tell us it would be fixed, but she also arranged for us to have an entirely different room so we would not have to wait for the repair. This was above what we were expecting and we were very pleased to get a slightly larger room. We enjoyed our stay and are grateful to Millie for taking a small problem and making a big recovery.

Room Tip: all are small, dont bring a lot of stuff
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (750)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 17 April 2012

It's beautifully designed, very stylish, with unbelievable service and an excellent location. You can walk to the theatre district, and midtown shopping. Yes, the room is tiny, but very well designed with a dreamy bed, and I wanted for nothing. They met our every request with alacrity and a smile. The lobby was hip and cozy, always full, but always had space. My only complaint was one of the guests had put out some glasses in the hallway which then broke and it took awhile for it to be cleaned up. I'm sure if I'd said something the mess would've been cleaned immediately. Like I said, the service was tremendous. And nothing like being greeted with a glass of champagne.

Room Tip: Make sure your room isn't under the spa, which is not carpeted. Clickety click click.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
wnewyork541, Manager at W New York, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Welcome Zentropy,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent W New York experience. We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay. From our superb and friendly service to the location as well as the deisgn and decor! However, please accept our apologies for the lack of timely service with concern to glasses in the hallway. We will be sure to address this in order to prevent something like this from happening again.

Thank you again for your review. We hope we can welcome you back soon!

Cheers,

Nicole
Guest Service Manager
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My friend and I booked the W hotel on their website to get the second night discount. We thought it was such a deal, but in the end it was more costly than anticipated. Due to technical issues with the site the first reservation didn't give him a confirmation number. So he tried to book again in the end he had 2 charges for the room. When he called the W customer service number he was promised that it was reversed. One week later it was still on his credit card. The front desk didn't seem to know how to handle the situation. In the end he is going through VISA to dispute the double charge.Also he was charged for a roll away bed which was never delivered. The front desk was able to at least take care of that charge. The suite booked was the worse I have ever stayed in while in New York. No view, you had to walk through the bedroom to get to the TINY bathroom that looked fit only for a hostel. At night the hotel takes on a night club feel. Not something we wanted to deal with after a day out . If you want to stay in a nice hotel suite go to the London NYC or another upscale hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank RayMpls

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Harrisburg
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Poor customer service, tiny rooms, uncomfortable beds, we have stayed with several W hotels but we were disappointed at this property.. nothing special in this property..just like a regular hotel.also i found some authorized charges on my bill...

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sapanvi1503
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The W on Lexington is a good choice for the area. The rooms are small - so small that you cannot walk around the bed - and the bathrooms are extremely tiny (I could touch all four walls at once), but what do you expect for New York? Sweat (the workout room) is very nice (as is typical for W's), but also very busy in the morning. You'll need to work out at night as there are lines for equipment in the morning. The furniture are standard W (which are very nice) and the lobby is clean and easy. Overall, I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I booked my room at the W ( Lexington & 49th) through an elite concierge service. My booking confirmation was presented upon check-in with my confirmed rate of 260.00 plus my credit card and ID.
Within a few hours my accountant called to ask me what I had been doing, because two charges had come in; one for over 5,000 dollars and one for close to 1,500 hundred. I said nothing,....that I had been at meetings after my early check in of 11:30. I decided to close down the card. Clearly this was fraud.What we didn't notice...seeing only 'New York, New York...was that the pre-fix was"W" .
When I went to check out three days later, I was socked with a bill for close to 3.000dollars. My room rate had been jacked to 377.00 a night...irregardless of my reservation confirmation, and there were close to 1,500 dollars in bar and lounge bills. I don't drink. Nor had I entertained anyone. I disputed the charges with the girl at the front desk, and she clearly could not care less that I had been 'taken' for 2,000. and said that the money was due. Period. I asked to see the manger. The day manager was sent over. He said that my rate had been changed, and that was what I had to pay. I was astounded. I had my reservation printout in hand. He glanced it over and said that "never the less", my rate had changed, and I owed the hotel 377.00 a night for my stay. I said that I had NEVER been to a hotel where the rate could be arbitrarily changed without any provision to the client. Who had ever heard of such a thing?!! He shrugged. What about the 1.500 dollars in bar bills that had been charged to my room? Well...it seemed that the concierge service, since they had made the reservation had been given access to my room credit (I still hadn't made the connection between the original 5,ooo dollar charge and this bill) I asked if that meant they had access to my room as well, and he replied 'Yes'...that was my problem. I had allowed the reservation to be made by them, and that gave them access.I was white. Some random guy...some creep who had used my credit to steal from me, under the hotel's umbrella, who the front desk never saw, never asked for ID, had all access to me and my credit... and all the hotel would say was that I had asked for it? How did someone with no room key, no room number,no identification with the hotel registration have access through the hotel's system to charge my bill up the WAZOO and get into my room?
I happen to have met , and had, the NY City Police Commissioner's number and an investigation is now under way...but the W never even took the time to check the security cameras to see who had been charging my room, until the police were involved. Yesterday. This all happened last Friday and the floor managers with whom I had to deal were snarky, disrespectful and cocky in the face of not only my personal distress, but the mess they should have been aware they were in.
Unbelievable . Unacceptable.
I had to call the hotel again to prove that they had missed to 5,000 dollar charge and to ASK them to reimburse me.They say it's in process- one week later.No apology, no accountability that some one breached their security and accessed my card through their system. Now they have offered to return the room overcharge and credit me one nights stay. They are adamant that I will pay for the 1,500 dollar bar fee I didn't occur.No other compensation has been offered.

Room Tip: Do not any circumstances stay at this hotel. I would be negligent not to have made this report. The...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank konstantinamahlia
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 April 2012

It was my 3rd time in NYC and i have to say that this was the perfect stay! Before i checked in i was worried about the noise - the usual for NYC but I was given a room at 15th floor that was just perfect.

No noise, very clean, super confortable bed, free WIFI, superb service (from check in desk, concierge all the way to room service). I had a problem with my hair drier at 6AM, I called the front desk and in 5 min they were upstairs with a replacement. I was impressed.

Location is great as well – approx. 10 - 12 min easy walk to Time Square, lots of restaurants around.

I would definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
wnewyork541, Manager at W New York, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Welcome AliO_11!

Thank you so much for your kind and gracious words about your recent stay at W New York! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our friendly and accommodating quality of service, but also our convenient location.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Cheers,