All reviews private bath new york own bathroom central park around the corner small room times square cleaning staff few blocks subway walgreens manhattan broadway
Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

The hotel was nice and friendly. The managers and workers were awesome they took good care of us. Showed us the area what to do. Smoke free hotel they showed us spot were we would not get in trouble. Great time

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank Jayden C
Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

Great stay. Small room but comfortable. Great for international students looking for a great price. Friendly staff. Frank and frecelli is nice. A very easy check in and check out. Free wifi ac in room

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lynnnnnleger
Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

Frank at the front desk was so helpful . the place is very comfortable and I will def. Return.. Checkout and check in was. Super easy. Place was clean and I loved the shower in the suite. Again frank at the front desk helped me with my luggage and was very professional and friendly.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Meg R
Reviewed July 25, 2016

The WORST hotel I have ever stayed in. First room had a infiltration problem with a leak, everytime our neighboors from the upper floor used the bathroom we would get a yellow water dropping from the door frame. And air conditioning not working. After two days of complaints they moved us to a room, half of the size and half as nice as the first one, claiming that we have gotten a (never mentioned) upgrade in the previous room.
In the following three days of stay we had the company of over 9 COCKROACHES in the room, and when asked the hotel staff didn't seem to care. Besides the air conditioning not working for a period of time. The internet had a really bad signal in the second room, which would work when it wanted. No one is responsible for solving any problems, are disrespectful, unprepared and with no clue about hospitality. Seemed they were doing us a favor the whole time and not that we were paying for what we were not having.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank Lorena G
Despinal258, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the cleanliness issue, and spoken with the employee in question. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed. I would have loved the opportunity to speak to you during your stay here in order to solve these issues for you more accordingly. If you please give us another chance, I would like to invite you to see our newly renovated rooms with more space and walk in bathrooms next time you are in NYC. I would also like to offer you special manager rates, just give me a call ahead of time and I will ensure you receive our special rates.

Best regards,
Denise Espinal
Royal Park Hotel

Reviewed July 21, 2016

Discovered that our chocolate (inside suitcase among clothes) had been nibbled at, shredded wrapping left no doubt: a mouse, a rodent...wanted to change room, but got only offered bunk beds with external bath, so declined. They finally agreed to knock the last night (of a total of 6 nights) off the bill, yet, I would never return to the place. The poison that they had laid out the last night after our complaint made me so sick that I nearly had to cancel my flight. We had not been told about it, but smelled it, when returning from our dinner. Compared to this the other complaints sound minor: first morning beds not made, the carpet looked like it had never seen any vacuum cleaner, the air-con was so noisy that we preferred to sweat instead; the room felt so sticky and dark (no natural light) that we tried to stay in it as little as possible.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
6  Thank Tacheles

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the cleanliness issue, and have taken the necessary steps in order to correct it all. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed. I would have loved the opportunity to speak to you during your stay here in order to solve these issues for you more accordingly. If you please give us another chance, I would like to invite you to see our newly renovated rooms with more space and walk in bathrooms next time you are in NYC. I would also like to offer you special manager rates, just give me a call ahead of time and I will ensure you receive our special rates.

Best regards,