3,447 results
All reviewshell's kitchenpress loungerooftop barhudson riverhudson suitestephen fieldwine hourwest sidetimes squarenew yorkintrepid museumcity viewwine receptionjavits centerfloor to ceiling windowsbottle of champagnefew blocks
Reviewed November 21, 2009

As for many of the other reviews here, I stayed at INK 48 mainly for the great rate. I stayed for 5 nights and had a great time!
I think that most people that have said that the hotel was out of the way..and this & that..need to research more of the area and NYC before booking there hotels. You have to know that when you go to NYC there is alot of walking involved. Personally, I love the Hells Kitchen area.
Also mentioned by many other people here, the service was amazing from the get go. From the Bell Staff and Front Desk. They were very friendly and went out of their was to help me with restuarant reccomendations and anything else that I needed. Kudos to all of them!
My room was on a lower level facing 11th and also right across from the futherest elevator. That is the only feedback for the hotel that I have, is the noise from the elevator that starts early in the morning and the whistle for the taxi's. This is not Kimpton's fault, but the fault of the builders that these areas were not sound proofed. It doesn't help that I am a light sleeper and I also chose not to say anything about it or asked to be moved, as it didn't bother me enough to say so.
The continental breakfast and afternoon wine service is a great add on. I was advised by the hotel that the restaurant onsite wouldn't be opened till at least mid december, which was fine for me. But they did give me a great option of the Market Diner which delivers 24/7 to the hotel. I ordered in several times and it was a great option if you didn't want to leave the hotel to eat.
All and all, it was a great experience here at INK 48 with a great room/bathroom and fantastic service from all of the staff.
Here are a couple fantastic reccomendations that were given to me for pre/post theatre dinners:

Becco- Italian
Room Service-Thai

I don't remember the exact locations, but they are in walking distance. I look forward to going back to INK 48 my next time in NYC, or trying one of the other Kimpton properties in NYC!!

Reviewed November 20, 2009

Wife and I stayed for 12 nights from Oct 7th onward, taking advantage of a very generous discount rate. Cannot speak highly enough of the quality of the accommodation, the excellent continental breakfast (free), the very welcome Happy Hour (free), and the friendly staff who tried so hard to meet everyone's expectations. Sure there were a few issues, mostly very minor in our case, but , "Hey folks", that's why it's called "rough draft", and why the special discount rates apply!

The hotel is situated on 11th Ave (between 48th & 49th), not in the heart of the tourist action, but with plenty of taxis available and a fairly frequent bus service operating along 49th & 50th. Very convenient! Not an over-abundance of eateries nearby, but sufficient to meet most needs. Pom Pom and Market are two nearby diners which are of excellent quality, and a greater selection of family and more upmarket fare are all within a couple of blocks.

Judging by the amount of building activity going on in Hell's Kitchen, it won't be too long before this "not so trendy area" becomes part of the mainstream of New York tourism. Enjoy the rates whle you can.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wolfie72
Reviewed November 20, 2009

I chose this venue for a last minute leisure trip because I like Kimpton Hotels in general and they were offering heavily discounted rates online. I did read the website in detail about some of the current work in process services and gave the hotel credit for being upfront about this.
I booked a "City View" room which was supposed to have a soaking tub and a certain room size. I wanted these features because I was planning to have some in-room spa services (the spa is not yet open in the hotel itself).
Since I was arriving late, I called the hotel to make sure they would have my room available and was assured it would be no problem.
The hotel admittedly doesn't have much curb appeal or name recognition yet. Part of that is due to the scaffolding on the property and low-profile signage. Once you arrive, the reception from the front desk and bell personnel is very warm and down to earth. They made sure to hand out some material highlighting the services that weren't available (no restaurant, etc.) and how they were handling.
Now for some of the rough edges:

1. Valet parking is priced at $65/day even if you are only there an hour or two. There is no partial charge. This is something that should be made clear to unsuspecting guests.
2. I was given a smaller room without a soaking tub. This room was on a corner facing more towards an industrial garage area. While the view was nice enough, this also turned out to be a pretty noisy location in the early morning for trucks loading and unloading.

Once (1) and (2) were brought to the attention of the evening manager (Ray) he made an acceptable adjustment to the nightly room rate, since there were no other rooms available for me to upgrade to immediately.

3. I dropped off a dry cleaning item I wanted returned the next day right after I checked in. The next evening, it still had not arrived. Ray had to track it down personally and made several calls to keep me informed. Happy ending, but I was still charged for the service anyway. Other hotels might have comped this for the inconvenience.

Now on a positive note:

The in-room spa services (especially Alma the skin/masseuse expert) were great. Alma did not have much room to work with given the smaller size but still did a terrific job.

While the "continental breakfast" in the 4th floor lounge was not lavish (Marriott exec club lounges have a better quality spread) it was a convivial enough setting and I enjoyed having all the newspapers available to read.

I didn't try the wine reception but that seemed very popular during my stay.

The rooms are nicely decorated and comfortably furnished. Showers are HUGE with small sink/vanity - could have used a little balance there. Hallway interiors are darkly contemporary and could use a bit more lighting.

Every employee was friendly, helpful and courteous.

Taxis were plentiful and plenty of quick food options on 8th and 9th within a few blocks walk. For anything more luxurious, you probably need to cab it.

I think once the construction is complete to the restaurant and spa this will be a great option for those who want to avoid the heavy tourist traffic and traditional chains. I probably wouldn't pay the regular rates that are being quoted for these rooms under the current conditions, but the discount offers make it a lot more appealing.

Reviewed November 20, 2009

just superb, new, spacious, wonderfully located, incredible staff, from management to bell desk and valet. they're still finishing the upper floors/deck, but keep disruption to a virtually unnoticeable minimum. even the construction guys you occasionally bump into in the elevator are nice! hard to imagine how even nicer it will be when the facilities/deck open on the top floor, and more common areas on the ground floor. but it's luxurious already. views east, to midtown and times square, west to the Hudson and Intrepid, north up 11th ave. all the way to Canada. treat yourself! special thanks to Osama and Vincent, and everybody else too for professional, personal, excellence.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2009

Dear Traveler0991,
We appreciate the recent review of your stay at Ink48. We're thrilled to hear that you had such a memorable visit, and that you found the staff to be so helpful and friendly. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Reviewed November 19, 2009

Just spent a night at the ink48 Kimpton hotel in NYC. I had to wait for a clean room for over 1.5 hrs in the lobby (even though it was past the normal check in time). The front desk was abrupt and not very hospitable. I have no complaints of the very stylish rooms. The suite I was checked into was very Hotel Palomar like with breathtaking views of the Hudson. Room service is dismal (to their credit, the restaurant is not open yet).

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business