3,473 results
All reviews hell's kitchen press lounge rooftop bar hudson river hudson suite stephen field wine hour west side times square new york intrepid museum city view wine reception javits center floor to ceiling windows bottle of champagne few blocks
Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

We enjoy staying at all the Kimpton properties and this one in NYC was great. The location is nice and the staff is fantastic. When I told them we were celebrating my sons 6th birthday, they went out of their way to acknowledge him and even left him a note and some treats in our room. David on their staff was amazing.

We had breakfast at PRINT which was great and the coffee was really good. Thanks to all the staff for a great weekend and we look forward to coming back.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend this fabulous boutique hotel in Hell’s Kitchen. Walkable to the Javits, and super convenient to the great restaurants in this part of town. Love NYC and Ink48 is a lovely upscale place to stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2017

We loved staying at the Kimpton Ink 185 Hotel in the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood.
The staff is great and the rooms are wonderful-we stayed at Times Square last time
and decided to try a different neighborhood. This is a very up and coming area with
lots of quercky restaurants nearby and tons of interesting stores with people galore
walking every which way.
Our room was very spacious with a bathtub and free standing shower and of course
flat screen T.V. They have a wine hour for their guests near dinner. We absolute love
Kimpton Hotels as they are boutiques and not huge monsters. Nice staff as I said before and very clean!! I am very fussy where I stay and becoming a hotel snob.
Maybe it might cost a little more but I want to be comfortable and get a good night sleep. Bed was very comfortable. We loved this Hotel!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor away from elevator and in the corner
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend and the hotel was great. The staff was all very friendly and accommodating and Stephen was super helpful! He gave us recommendations for places to eat and checked in with us multiple times to make sure we were having a great time and enjoying our stay. We also loved the rooftop bar!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2017

I’m a huge fan of Kimpton hotels because I love traveling with my dog, and I love staying in nice hotels. I also love that they don’t charge an amenity/resort fee or pet fee like most luxury hotels in NYC. You get a good rate and they deliver way more than what you pay for (wine hour, Kimpton reward perks: free wifi and raid the bar, promotions link on their website for good deals).

I’ve stayed in all Kimpton hotels in NYC, but this was my first time staying at Ink48. I was blown away! Because I had a less-than-desirable stay at the last Kimpton (they made it right, though), I decided to try Ink48. I’d never stayed in Hell’s Kitchen and wasn’t sure I’d be enchanted by the neighborhood, so I’d always stayed in other Kimptons. I was totally wrong!

Hospitality: The manager, Olimpia, was kind enough to accommodate me with a few requests (high floor, room with a view, and a room that’s renovated). Before we arrived on 11/5, Gwian at the front desk assured me that our requests would be met, as we were checking in early in the day. He was so sweet in acommodating us. Lisa, the bartender at the manager’s wine/happy hour, was such a sweetheart. Her welcoming personality made us feel right at home.

Hotel: The hotel is in an awesome location in Hell’s Kitchen, right on the Hudson, sweeping views to-die-for. The lobby is gorgeous, modern, tea/organic coffee offered in the A.M., friendly doorman, easy access to dog park (5 minute walk), self-parking 15 minutes away, or you can valet. Restaurants and entertainment in Hell’s Kitchen all within a 2 minute walk. Easy access for Lyft to shuffle you around if you don’t want to walk. What a convenient location! I wish I’d known all these years - this is my absolute favorite hotel and location in all of my years of traveling from DC to NY. It has everything and more, including Print restaurant, which was just excellent (food, service, and hospitality).

Room: We had a large, gorgeous suite. I’ve stayed in some amazing suites at different Kimpton hotels all over the U.S. When I walked in, I was blown away. The room was immaculate. The view stopped me in my tracks. The modern design was dreamy. Speaking of dreamy: the bed and pillows were so comfortable that I tracked down the manufacturer of the mattress and bedding on Kimpton’s website and was able to place an order to duplicate everything, down to the Frette bedding and down pillows. It’s expensive, but when you calculate how many hours you sleep, and how important excellent/comfortable sleep is, it ends up being pennies per night for a luxious bed. So worth it. Kimpton members get a $15 free raid-the-bar credit. They have everything! Our kids came with us on this trip and they sent up popcorn, juice packs, and a hand-written note welcoming us. So nice! I love the privacy button — no more “do not disturb” hanging things on the doorknob. Just press a button and a red light outside the door tells housekeeping you’re sleeping in. Turn-down service in the evening was excellent.

This was the best hotel experience I’ve ever had. Worth every penny (oh! We used out Kimpton member number, logged in, and followed the promotion link. We saved $200 off the non-promotional rate in total, plus they gave us a $50 credit to Print restaurant downstairs. We always book through the website to hunt down the promotional rates, and we take advantage of our Kimpton rewards.

Thank you Ink48, all the staff that welcomed us, and all the hard work you do behind the scenes to offer such an amazing hotel experience. I can’t wait to return!

Room Tip: We loved the view from the high floor suite. Worth the extra money, if you can swing it.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business