“A Fascinating Experience in Manhattan”
Review of The Jane

The Jane
Ranked #308 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 3 May 2016

This is a hotel that provides the bare bone amenities however, the service and facilities are of high quality. The staff which include the front desk, the bell boys, the security agents, and the Restaurant staff were all professional, helpful and friendly! When you come to New York and you are trying to see a lot in two days, you do not need a hotel room with TV etc. Though there is Wi Fi service at the hotel. I enjoyed the white house coat, and sleepers they provide for going to the shared bathrooms. The bed was the size of an army cot, and mattress quite hard, but you can ask for additional pillows, blanket, and in my case even a chair so I could sit and put my shoes on. It is not the ideal for a person with reduced mobility, or Queen Size... but I did sleep! Found the experience charming, it is not designed for a handicapped person but they do everything to make your stay pleasant. The bar is beautiful! But if one need to sleep before 3 am, one has to ensure the room is not above the Rock music. The restaurant is also quite good, affordable, friendly, and they even have some tasty plates.

Room Tip: yes indeed ask for a room away from the Rock Music at the bar. Also it seems they do have a few roo...
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Ilania
Jamie O, Front Office Manager at The Jane, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2016

Hi Ilania,

It is so good to hear from you and what a good time you had. It is a special delight to hear that you really appreciated our solutions for the needs of your stay, as the Jane Hotel has Land Mark status as a building from 1907, and that the staff took such good care of you. We look forward to seeing you again.

Jamie

Write a ReviewReviews (1,430)

Reviewed 2 May 2016

The Jane has a great location and is full of old fashioned character and charm. The huge bar was amazing. I loved the paintings and taxidermy. The neighborhood was great. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The location and chracter of this Hotel are great. Rooms are interesting but are very small and have...
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank Ellen795

Hi Ellen,

We are so glad to hear you took advantage and really enjoyed the Jane Hotel and all her amenities. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2016

We shared a bunker, a small room. The two of us barely fit in the room, but we managed. A room good enough to sleep in. The room was a bit moist, which gave a bit of an oder. The location was good. A lot of restaurangs nearby and the metro wasn't far away. The shared bathroom was clean. Not a lot of noise during the night. Good stay over all, Good value for the money. You get what you pay for, with the location as an extra bonus!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends

Hi Monia,

It is a pleasure to hear what a good time you had and how much you enjoy the quiet, the location and the value. Your notice of our hard work really means a lot to us, thank you! We look forward to seeing you again.

Wishing Safe Travels,

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

I loved the food loved the atmosphere loved the service loved the value loved the whole deal , nothing else really needs to be said except you should go and enjoy. The whole menu including the apps and the desert . The best part was the aftermath the neighborhood is so fun.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

So glad to hear what a good time you had! We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

A very good location, just a block from Highline, good value for money in an expensive city like New York and very friendly/ helpful staff. The Single room is the smallest I have ever seen in my life and you can't even move in the room.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Zaib-Naeem
Jamie O, Front Office Manager at The Jane, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Hi Zaib-Naeem,
We are delighted to hear you appreciate the value, location, and staff here at the Jane Hotel. It sounds like you might really enjoy our Captains Cabins which are larger with a private bathroom. We look forward to seeing you next time.
Wishing Safe Travels,

Reviewed 29 April 2016

This place has character and is a short walk to Greenwich Village and the meatpacking district. I stayed in a standard cabin with shared bathroom. Whilst the cabins are small, they have everything you need, and having paid less than 100USD a night, I was quite happy in my comfortable bed planning my explorations of New York City with the very good free wifi. The shared bathrooms were kept clean and are an art deco delight and complimentary gowns and slippers are available for everyone in their rooms. Word of warning however, after 2 days my room key obviously lost its magnetic programming so on return from the showers I found I could not get back into my room. Fortunately I was wearing the gown provided as I had to go down to the lobby and get my key reprogrammed. Some nordic visitors checking in thought this was funny, so there is probably a random photo of me somewhere in said gown online! This small inconvenience aside, I found the place met my needs. Importantly they did good breakfasts downstairs in the Cafe, with good espressos and even good dinners. The bar on the lobby floor is quite modern and funky and if you like to wear a lot of black and be aloof and funky it is probably the place for you. I would recommend a higher floor for those who worry about noise. Overall a very pleasant stay meeting my expectations despite the run around in a dressing gown! :)

Room Tip: Higher floor.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank DrAndyC

Hi Dr. Andy,
We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, the concept and details of the Jane Hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

Before i arrived, I had reservations about, well, my reservation. Wasn't sure about the size of the room and have not stayed at places with shared bathrooms often...

But honestly... This hotel is excellent!! It is probably among the highest standard of "hostel" accommodation you could find anywhere. The rooms are a perfect size for one person, the bed is so comfortable I slept better than when I had a huge bed to myself at my last hotel... There is so much storage space- a shelf above the bed, under the bed, hooks along the wall AND two shelves along the window wall. There's a TV, fan, lamp with dimmer switch, four electrical sockets, mirror, towel, face cloth, dressing gown, slippers.

I saw some comments about noise... I sleep with a fan on so I didn't hear anything much at all.

You get treated like a valued fancy guest- doorman escorts you to your room, there's a bottle of water always restocked, a cute information booklet beautifully done. Daily housekeeping service. All staff wear old school uniforms- housekeepers, Bell hops, concierge. It's the attention to detail that elevates The Jane to such a high standard.

All this and I haven't mentioned the two best things about this place... PRICE and LOCATION. Both of which are absolutely ideal.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Jamie O, Front Office Manager at The Jane, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Hi Richie,

You're making the Jane blush! Thank you for your notice of our details, amenities, and hard work. We look forward to seeing you again.

Warm Regards,