“Delicious polenta and fish”
Review of Scarpetta

Scarpetta
Reserve with OpenTable
Scarpetta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #256 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$50 - US$500
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Cross street: 9th Avenue
Transit: A, C, E & L trains to 8th Avenue/14th Street.
Description: Scarpetta is LDV Hospitality's signature restaurant concept that first launched in New York's Meatpacking District. The Italian expression, "fare la scarpetta," describes the gesture of taking the little boot-shaped piece of bread to soak up the remaining sauce left in the pot of one's home kitchen. In 2008, Scarpetta received a James Beard nomination for 'Best New Restaurant in America' as well as a coveted three-star review from the New York Times.
Reviewed 30 June 2015

We were recently at Scarpetta for dinner with our son: the service was very attentive and the food very tasty: would recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 28 June 2015

They really got the whole package right with no missteps. Decor was open without being distracting. We sat in the middle, right under the sky light. Great illumination. (My pet peeve of so many American restaurants is that they are too dark.) Hostesses were pleasant, bar was welcoming, food was excellent. Top of the line Manhattan.

Beau the Bartender made a great Negroni. My drink came with a a gigantic ice cube. Very nice touch as it will keep the drink cool without watering it down. (Yerba Buena does this, but the ice cube is super cold.) My girls enjoyed their cocktails. Italian Margarita was so good, it was ordered once more of good measure. The spicy tequila drink was, yes ordered twice for good measure as well.

Fried calamari with vegetables was good, but not over the top. Beet salad was excellent. We shared agnolotti and foie gras ravioli - excellent. Sea bass, Halibut and goat entree plates were licked clean. Wine list has good variety but overpriced. Half bottle of montepulciano - $50-, it was good but mama mia!

Flour cake was very good. The cherry tartuffo had an original twist that made it outstanding. Coffee was very good and really helped for the drive back.

Service by Shana was very good. Bus-staff was right on the money with water and bread. The bread was excellent.

Rest room clean with coed wash basin. Smart use of limited space.

Reviewed 20 June 2015

Had dinner with another couple and was very impressed with this place. Nice bar with 3 amazing bartenders... pleasant, fun, and mixed great martini's. Large back dining room and decor. The bow tie pasta was delish and the branzino was awesome. Service was excellent as well. We all split the tartufo, chocolate cake, and the mouse cake , all awesome as well. Will def be back.

Reviewed 18 June 2015

We had a party of five for dinner on a week night. The place was complete full and crowded at the bar. The service was very good and attentive. Four of us order pasta for dinner and we're all very impressed. The agnolotti with short rib and bone marrow was excellent. Another of our party had the foie gras ravioli and enjoyed every bit of it. We also had misto fritto for the table, but the batter could have been lighter. The beet salad was excellent and as the coconut panna cotta. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed 17 June 2015

We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary at Scarpetta and it was amazing!

We decided on the tasting menu and were blown away! Unfortunately we were having such an amazing time that we didn't stop to take not even one picture!

First let me just say thank you for the bread basket! I am originally from Naples, Italy and that bread basket brought me back home to my mother's kitchen!
I don't usually eat the bread, not wanting to fill up before my meal, but I couldn't not eat it! I loved the bread filled with scarole as well as the salame and parmiggiano! I was in heaven! Veramente buonissimo!
I can't remember what all the courses were exactly, but each one was better than the next! The food came out rather quickly, just as we finished one course, then next was brought out.
We had some sort of raw seafood to start, short ribs, spaghetti, snapper and then a coconut panna cotta to finish... heaven!!!

I can't wait to go back!