My review is a little overdue but from the recent reviews I have read, things are still as grand as ever at the GV Habitue!
We stayed here for 7 nights in November 2010 (1st floor apartment). My mother wanted to stay in a Brownstone rather than a hotel so after much research we decided on the GV Habitue, what a great decision that was! The decor makes you feel like you are living New York style in another era. It was so nice to come back to our relaxing apartment after a hard day of pounding the NYC pavements.
- Kevin and Matthew (Owners) are lovely and have endless knowledge on New York City
- spacious and clean apartment which was beautifully decorated with antique furniture
- we found a huge drawer full of sightseeing pamphlets and there is a huge collection of magazines and other reading material in the apartment
- great kitchenette with large fridge
- situated in a quiet, safe & very friendly part of the West Village
- short walk to Subway / supermarket / TV show 'Friends' building
- great British expat food store (Myers of Keswick) and Fish n Chip shop (A Salt and Battery) nearby
- close to restaurants / bars / shopping
- none to report - GV Habitue is amazing!
- buy a Juniors cheesecake from the supermarket to keep at the apartment, it is devine and a little slice each night just finishes the day nicely.
- Get Fish n Chips from 'A Salt and Battery' (112 Greenwich Avenue)
- get a slice of pizza from the very famous 'Joes Pizza' (7 Carmine Street)
- get up early and go for a leisurely stroll around the West Village...keep an eye out for celebs ( I saw Billy Bob Thornton) on my morning walk.
If you haven't figured out already, I absolutely love the GV Habitue and will stay here whenever I visit NYC. I have highly recommended this place to friends/family. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2 Completely private apartments in 1830's Federal style brownstone for rent. Owner occupied, self-contained, fully appointed apartments - single or double occupancy ONLY - 5 night minimum stay. Located in West Greenwich Village / Meatpacking District. Close to subways, Highline Park, brand new Whitney Museum of American Art, Hudson River Park, great restaurants, shopping and all attractions. Quiet, charming building, beautiful street and great West Village neighborhood. Air conditioning, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, tea kettle,toaster, iron/board. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- a Greenwich Village Habitue Hotel New York City