All reviews gv habitue meatpacking district quiet street whitney museum the high line great hosts great apartment real new yorker place to stay current magazines creaking floors furnished with antiques usual hotel room home from home fully equipped kitchen nyc apartment restaurants and bars
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We stayed here once more for 8 nights in October. This time my sister and her husband, and my brother and his wife came for part of our stay. Matt and Kevin were excellent once more in accommodating us all. We stayed in an apartment in the front of the property and it was just as lovely as the room we'd previously stated. My sister was so impressed that Kevin had worked out who she was (he'd met my brother and his wife before) and greeted her by name. A small touch, but it made her feel special.

I couldn't think of staying anywhere else on a trip to NYC. I would feel lost if I had to stay anywhere else.

Roll on next year! Thanks again Matt and Kevin!

Room tip: Great breakfast places around the corner. Numerous places!
Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Ericliv
Reviewed November 6, 2011

GVHabitue is great value for money - It v expensive to stay in NYC and this place is the right balance of bang for your buck, convenience and comfort.

The location is perfect - right in the centre of the meatpacking district - walking distance (in high heels) to everything - Pastis, Spice Market, Collichio and Sons, Chelsea Market, all the right bars...All the great spots.

Matt and Kevin provide a huge amount of info about New York - usually including all the up to date TimeOut magazines which are very handy. Its also more spacious than you would get in your typical NYC hotel room.

I thoroughly recommend

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank caislean
Reviewed October 30, 2011

This place is amazing! I stay here at least once a year when I come to New York. The Innkeepers, Matt and Kevin are delightful and accomidating. It's cheaper and a thousand times nicer than a hotel. You'll have a HOME base in a delightful, safe neighborhood.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Our two week stay at GVHabitue was perfect for us - the apartment was spacious, spotlessly clean, perfectly positioned in a quiet street and located in what was to become our favourite part of NYC. Kevin was most hospitable on our arrival and allowed us to treat the apartment as our own home during our stay. The conveniently located subway enabled us to travel with ease to all areas of Manhattan and beyond. Thank you to our hosts - we will return!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Calooc
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We have recently returned after a fantastic 13 night stay at GV Habitue. This is a wonderful place and an excellent base to explore fantastic New York City The apartment was so spacious and absolutely spotless, and was cleaned every 1-2 days.
The street is so typical NY and the area fantastic to absorb the New York ambience. There are a multitude of wonderful restaurants to choose from in the area (Meat packing/West Village/Greenwich Village) and the subway stations are close by.
Our hosts were very helpful, kind and provided us with all sorts of information that we might need whilst in NY.
We absolutely loved the apartment, loved the area, and will defintely stay here again when we return to New York!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family