Greenwich Village Habitue
Dream Downtown(New York City)
US$251
US$239
Dream Downtown
  • Pool
US$278
US$249
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$210
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
US$134
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$169
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$152
  • Room Service
Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$160
  • Breakfast included
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$116
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Bar/Lounge
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

All reviewsgv habituemeatpacking districtquiet streetgreat hostswhitney museumnew yorkplace to staycleaned regularlythe high linefurnished with antiquesusual hotel roomhome away from homerestaurants and barsfully equipped kitchenserviced dailywithin walking distancefirst floor
Reviewed January 16, 2009

i stayed in gv habitue in a first floor apartment the week before christmas, leaving on christmas eve. the visit was superb, and kevin and matt are marvelous hosts: very helpful , friendly and gracious in a nicely balanced way with privacy. the apartment was just lovely: spacious yet cozy, very clean, and very well appointed... wonderfuland comfortable.
the guesthouse is just down the street from the great park and promenade on the hudson river, and close to public transportaion, and the livelier sections of the village. a terrific location! without a doubt this is one of the best places i have stayed in my many visits to new york.

maureen, dublin

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank mauddublin
Reviewed December 30, 2008

Unlike the previous reviewers I will not have the opportunity to review GV Habitue. My friend and I will be visiting New York in March 2009. Our search for accommodation led us to GV Habitue. Our initial enquiries were promptly answered by Matthew & Kevin and we quickly decided that this is the place we wanted to stay. I emailed our reservation request and waited for our confirmation. After not receiving a reply to our reservation I re-sent our request twice more and followed up with a telephone call, leaving a message on the answering machine asking Matthew or Kevin to respond to my reservation. With still no response and at this stage tottally disappointed and perplexed at the lack of courtesy shown us we were left no other option then to find accommodation elsewhere. I am happy to report that we will be staying at Nicolenas B&B in Tribeca. Nicolena has been an absolute treat to deal with and I look forward to reviewing the B&B after my trip.

Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank LulugalSydney
gvhny, owners at Greenwich Village Habitue, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2009

Since reviews are basically anonymous, we cannot respond fully to the specifics of this review. But we can say that our telephone answering machine clearly states that if we cannot accommodate you, we cannot call you back and our email responses clearly state that availability changes on a daily basis. If we respond to you that an apartment is available, it does not mean that an apartment is on "hold" for you; what it does mean is that if you get back to us timely, we'll be able to complete the booking. If you delay and do not get back to us timely, chances are the apartment will no longer be available. We're quite a small place. We've even responded to requests saying that an apartment was available, and then it took them a month or more to write back and say "We'll take it." By then, of course, the apartment was booked.

Reviewed December 23, 2008

I stayed at the GV Habitue during the early week of December. Kevin, Matthew and Ray could not have been more accommodating. Nothing was a bother! I was in the oddly shaped Room 5 - with a sloping floor. I got used to that and loved the water pressure in the bathroom. The walk up the stairs will keep you very fit! I was a single woman travelling on her own and I felt perfectly safe walking around at night and during the day. I never had an issue getting a cab either. The weather was a little grim - rain, rain and very cold. Not too worry - because this gem is in the best spots for restaurants - I can recommend "The Bus Stop" and "The Diner" - which were both very close. I also found a great pub in the Meatpacking District which was also around the corner. I think the best part of staying at the GV Habitue for me was the proximity of the most fabulous shopping I have ever been near in my life. Walk up along Bleeker St, until you kind of hit SoHo. All in all, about a 15 minute walk - if that. If you like to shop and let's face it - who doesn't in New York...stay here!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank sprinkles21
Reviewed October 29, 2008

We have just returned from a great trip to NY which was complimented by having booked a fabulous apartment in a quiet corner of Greenwich Village. Half a mile from the subway at 14th/8th GV Habitué is a fantastic location to base yourself for a NY trip. Matt, Kevin and Ray were all very accommodating, helping us with directions, advice and were happy to store a couple of bags for us during our trip to Boston. They made us feel very welcome and offer the kind of service that the larger, impersonal hotels just can’t match. Both apartments contain loads of brochures, copies of reviews plus an assortment of guidebooks left by previous guests. The building has unique features including creaking floors that slopes in toward the middle although it has been modernised, it retains its character and charm. We split our trip so stayed in apts 2 and 6 which were both well appointed and very comfortable with daily service to ensure it remains spotlessly clean.
GVH is close to several good restaurants and bars (personal recommendations are El Faro, The Spotted Pig for food and The White Horse for beers) in addition to two pretty good Deli’s within 100 yds for early morning coffee (although Balducci’s beside the subway is a must). Walking from the subway at night is not a problem, even when you include a detour to the White.

If you intend to visit NY, GV Habitué is well worth considering if you want a comfortable apartment with a bit of character and host who are prepared to offer a bit more than the bland, faceless and impersonal “have a nice day” hotels.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TwoBlackDogs
Reviewed August 13, 2008

I just got home from spending two weeks at the GV Habitue and I must say it was hard to leave!!! Matt and Kevin made me feel so welcome!!! The apartment is incredibly comfortable and in a gorgeous neighbourhood. Matt or Kevin were always on hand to answer questions or give tips and even dropped off magazines of interest for me (or my daughter) to peruse. They went above and beyond any expectations.

The building is an older building and as such does have uneven floors and creakiness, I personally love this character and wouldn't feel quite right if it was a "new" 1830's building. The rooms are furnished with antique pieces (not old, as some other review mentioned) and yes, the television was smallish (but I never once turned it on anyways...it is NEW YORK afterall!!!

The apartment was clean, well maintained, in the most desirable neighbourhood with the best innkeepers...I cannot think of a better place to stay!!!

I would reccommend this accomodation to any one of my best friends and look forward to my next visit (in fact, my husband will be going there in just a couple weeks...)!!! I will NEVER stay anywhere else...looking forward to seeing you again soon Matt and Kevin...mwah!!!! (models's mom)

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo