All reviews gv habitue meatpacking district quiet street whitney museum great hosts the high line real new yorker place to stay cleaned regularly current magazines furnished with antiques home away from home fully equipped kitchen nyc apartment restaurants and bars hudson river serviced daily
Reviewed April 18, 2005

On my annual trip from Australia to visit my son, he recommended gvhabitue run by Matt and Kevin. My arrival was warm and friendly by my hosts, the ambience they have created reflects their warmth and the apartment had everything I could want. Nothing was missing, even tea bags were provided after a long international flight. Their brownstone is close to the subway, in a quiet location, restaurants everywhere with easy walking to the stores and galleries. Matt and Kevin have lived in the area for many years and have wonderful local knowledge they are happy to share. I have no hesitation to recommending their establishment for either the tourist or businessman.

• Stayed: September 2004
21  Thank Carole2011
Reviewed April 9, 2005

We have just returned from 5 days at A Greenwich Village Habitué and regard it as a real find. Matt and Kevin were so welcoming, without being at all intrusive. The apartment itself is in a beautiful street in Greenwich Village/Meatpacking and is a real haven away from the hustle and bustle of Manhattan, despite being only a short walk away from the subway. The apartment we stayed in was spacious, beautifully furnished and well-equipped. There was a pile of fluffy towels in the bathroom - these were replenished every day by Matt. Hot water was plentiful, the shower was powerful and the whole place exuded an air of tranquillity which was really welcome after busy days sightseeing in Manhattan! There are some fantastic places to eat within walking distance and Pastis, which is round the corner, is particularly good for breakfast!
All in all, Matt and Kevin have thought of everything, and I am sure that if you needed anything at all, they would be only too happy to help. We will certainly head for A Greenwich Village Habitué next time we are lucky enough to find ourselves in New York!

• Stayed: April 2005
26  Thank KnP08
Reviewed February 26, 2005

While relaxing and New York City may seem to be an oxymoron, this homey place actually fits that description. On a tranquil West Village St. (and the action of the Meatpacking District is only a block away, if that is what you want), after a day of walking the peaceful neighborhood, viewing the numerous nearby galleries of Chelsea, or taking the subway, which is only a few blocks away, uptown, I always looked forward to coming back to what truly felt to be my own apartment. Matt & Kevin were most gracious hosts; friendly, accomodating and always helpful, yet never intrusive. I've stayed in several places in Manhattan, and is was by far my favorite.

15  Thank Pioneer15259