“Amazing location and value”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street
Ranked #79 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I only stayed for a night but was very happy with my selection. You never know what you're going to get in NYC sometimes but this turned out great. The room was a good since for NYC, I was on a high floor so I had a great view as well. The room included a fridge and a decent sized bathroom as well.

Its an HGI not a Hilton so not as fancy but the internet is free so who cares in the end. Its adjacent to a subway stop so an easy connection to anywhere you want to go in the city. The elevators require a key to get up to the rooms and there is lobby security at night though the location is so good they don't need it.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the few on a high floor it is worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street

Reviewed 11 April 2012

This is my second stay at this hotel. Once in 2009 and then again over the weekend. The hotel is comfortable and relaxing after a long day of walking around the city. The hotel is kept in brand new condition and is extremely clean. The staff is very accommodating from holding luggage to just making sure your stay is superb.

The only complaint I have which really is not the hotel's fault, but they seem to have group of cab drivers that park themselves out in front of the hotel waiting for airport fares. They are not interested in taking you anywhere else as we asked and were turned down, as it results in a lower fare. I don't mind getting my own cab, but these guys make it difficult as the street is very narrow and they leave little room for you to get picked up by another cab. I think the hotel should put some pressure on these guys to take whatever fare comes along if they are going to sit out front.

I will definitely be back to stay again.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ROATravel
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The staff are extremely helpful in this hotel. The rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. There is a lovely atmosphere and it is in a great location - across from Macy's, next to the subway with nice restaurants and bars nearby. We left some of our personal belongings behind us in our room and the hotel staff took great care to keep them safe for us, for this we are very grateful. If/when we go back to new york we will definately stay there again, I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We chose this hotel because of the location and figured you can't go wrong with a Hilton. It all started off bad with the check-in. I let them know up front I was paying cash but I still had to hold it with my debit card. Well before I got there, they had already charged my card for 1 night stay. I was told the money would be credited right back to my card but it wasn't done until we departed 9 days later. So, they held a one night visit on my card plus we gave them an extra $450 cash for incidentals. After a lot of fuss, we got our $450 back early. The room wasn't bad, it was small but cozy. We let housekeeping in one day and the sheets were obviously dirty and they weren't changed, the window in our room was left open as our belongings sat right beside it. Also on our first full day there (we checked in late the night before) we had to quit early. The hotel was in charge of the scooter my mother had because the rooms were too small to keep it in there. There was a big sign to charge it daily and well, they didn't. The scooter died while we were out and I had to push it back to the hotel. We were obviously upset but their response was order in (because we hadn't ate yet.) We weren't in New York to "order in." Most of the staff was rude and not willing to help. We spent over $2000 on our stay there and will never stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank momtonate
Noelyoc, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Manargentina,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th as your hotel of choice on your recent visit to Manhattan. It is my job to ensure that all our guests receive a Five Star experience and I regret sincerely that this was not the case during your stay. We do offer 10 spoken languages other than English. I am really sorry if there was nobody available on that day who could speak your native language. Normally, our Wi-Fi connections are excellent but it appears this was not the case during your visit. This is certainly not our normal standard or service and amenity. Thank you for letting me know and we will certainly review your feedback during retraining.

Regards

Hilda

Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed for 8 nights last month. At first our rooms were on the 6th floor but we moved after 1 night because of the street noise. Our rooms on the 27th floor were not connecting but next to each other and it worked out fine. It was much quieter and a bit more spacious. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The refrigerator and microwave came in handy.
The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Get a high floor. Street noise in NYC is unavoidable and if you're not used to it, can be very...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Overall a really nice property. Good value for New York City room standards. Rooms slightly smaller than at other Hilton Garden Inn locations, but remember this is NYC where space is at premium. Hotel does a good job maximizing all available space. Beds were extremely comfortable and the refrigerator and microwave was a nice touch. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Hotel is an ideal location convenient to Broadway, next to Macy's and Empire State Building, would stay here again for these reasons alone. Slight drawback to staying here was some street noise with trash trucks making a lot of noise at 6 .m., but again it's New York City. Best advice is to ask for a room away from the West 35th Street side and also on an upper floor if you are very noise sensitive. Also not crazy about the bathroom set up, very small with just a walk in shower, but still efficient. Will still here again as location simply cannot be beat!

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors will have better views and less street noise
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Hotel is very centrally located in midtown Manhattan, and a metro station is just steps away. Rooms were average but beds are very comfortable. Staff was very accommodating. Would recommend for a reasonably priced room with good access to various sights, activities, etc.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends