New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #75 of 477 Hotels in New York City
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

Situated centrally. Easy to get to times square and right around the corner from Macy's. Clean, spacious rooms.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (955)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Extremely clean, nice views, comfy, convenient, nice staff!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights prior to a cruise leaving from the port of Bayonne, New Jersey. The hotel is in a great location close to Times Square, subway station and across the street from Macy's. I had originally requested a room on a high floor with a view of the Empire State Building. When we checked in the staff were friendly and glad to accomodate our request. Our room was on the top floor with a great view. The room was very spacious and clean, but felt very hot. We turned down the airconditioning and went our for a few hours, when we returned, it was still hot. We told the front desk and they said that our room was directly under the boiler room and they would move us. Our new room was a couple of floors down with the same view and much cooler! After we moved, I realized that I had left my maginifying make-up mirror attached to the mirror in the previous room. The staff couldn't find it, so they purchased me another one. A very nice gesture that I much appreciated! The new room was not as spacious, but it was clean and it met our needs. I had the best chocolate Martini ever in the bar at the hotel! Breakfast was very good. Tom, the Concierge had arranged car service for us to the port of Bayonne, The service was great! Nice, new Suburban with a decent price. They even made a stop around the corner to pick up another couple traveling with us. If you need anything call Tom! We appreciated his effort! Over all this was a very nice hotel and we would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: If your request a high floor room, make sure it's not under the boiler room. Hot up there!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cruisini
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I only stayed for a night but was very happy with my selection. You never know what you're going to get in NYC sometimes but this turned out great. The room was a good since for NYC, I was on a high floor so I had a great view as well. The room included a fridge and a decent sized bathroom as well.

Its an HGI not a Hilton so not as fancy but the internet is free so who cares in the end. Its adjacent to a subway stop so an easy connection to anywhere you want to go in the city. The elevators require a key to get up to the rooms and there is lobby security at night though the location is so good they don't need it.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the few on a high floor it is worth it.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

This is my second stay at this hotel. Once in 2009 and then again over the weekend. The hotel is comfortable and relaxing after a long day of walking around the city. The hotel is kept in brand new condition and is extremely clean. The staff is very accommodating from holding luggage to just making sure your stay is superb.

The only complaint I have which really is not the hotel's fault, but they seem to have group of cab drivers that park themselves out in front of the hotel waiting for airport fares. They are not interested in taking you anywhere else as we asked and were turned down, as it results in a lower fare. I don't mind getting my own cab, but these guys make it difficult as the street is very narrow and they leave little room for you to get picked up by another cab. I think the hotel should put some pressure on these guys to take whatever fare comes along if they are going to sit out front.

I will definitely be back to stay again.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ROATravel
Ballina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

The staff are extremely helpful in this hotel. The rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. There is a lovely atmosphere and it is in a great location - across from Macy's, next to the subway with nice restaurants and bars nearby. We left some of our personal belongings behind us in our room and the hotel staff took great care to keep them safe for us, for this we are very grateful. If/when we go back to new york we will definately stay there again, I recommend it highly.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

We chose this hotel because of the location and figured you can't go wrong with a Hilton. It all started off bad with the check-in. I let them know up front I was paying cash but I still had to hold it with my debit card. Well before I got there, they had already charged my card for 1 night stay. I was told the money would be credited right back to my card but it wasn't done until we departed 9 days later. So, they held a one night visit on my card plus we gave them an extra $450 cash for incidentals. After a lot of fuss, we got our $450 back early. The room wasn't bad, it was small but cozy. We let housekeeping in one day and the sheets were obviously dirty and they weren't changed, the window in our room was left open as our belongings sat right beside it. Also on our first full day there (we checked in late the night before) we had to quit early. The hotel was in charge of the scooter my mother had because the rooms were too small to keep it in there. There was a big sign to charge it daily and well, they didn't. The scooter died while we were out and I had to push it back to the hotel. We were obviously upset but their response was order in (because we hadn't ate yet.) We weren't in New York to "order in." Most of the staff was rude and not willing to help. We spent over $2000 on our stay there and will never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank momtonate
Noelyoc, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Manargentina,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th as your hotel of choice on your recent visit to Manhattan. It is my job to ensure that all our guests receive a Five Star experience and I regret sincerely that this was not the case during your stay. We do offer 10 spoken languages other than English. I am really sorry if there was nobody available on that day who could speak your native language. Normally, our Wi-Fi connections are excellent but it appears this was not the case during your visit. This is certainly not our normal standard or service and amenity. Thank you for letting me know and we will certainly review your feedback during retraining.

Regards