1,064 results
All reviews full kitchen upper east side subway construction one bedroom apartment sinai hospital living room second avenue central park new york washer and dryer museum mile great apartment laundry facilities home away from home front desk staff the upper floors bit dated
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

We stayed 6 nights early October. Great location with the subway right beside the hotel.
Keys grocery store no more then a 5 minute walk down 2nd avenue which has all your basic needs.
Front desk staff very helpful- a real asset to the Marmara.
Bed was super comfortable.
Kitchen had very basic utensils but nothing to cook with for the oven- disappointing given that we wanted to cook hot chips one night to go with our salad.
Apartment huge and clean- only negative was windows were very dirty and we were on a low floor so no real views anyway. Also had a bowl with cigarette butts on the balcony- not a good look.
Housekeeping staff very lovely and accommodating.
All in all a great stay & would recommend.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
AlexK6379, Public Relations Manager at The Marmara Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Thanks for the review, Sydney!

We are glad you had a great experience with us at our prime location! We are disappointed to see some of your concerns, and we will let our team know about them. We always work very hard to make sure all of our guests have a pleasant stay. We look forward to hosting you again for an even better experience.

Thanks again, and have a lovely day!

Reviewed October 9, 2018

I never stayed in an upper east Side hotel in this rather "remote" part of the city. But the location is actually very reachable with the new Q subway Line departing and arriving litterally down the hotel. I booked a one-bedroom "bigger suite" and was actually given a two bedrooms suite overlooking East River with a balcony (with striking sunrises during my Indian Summer stay). The reason why I also booked this hotel is because they provide real kitchens (not a small sink with a microwave). Mine even had a dishwasher ! The kitchen tools are minimal but ok if you don't want to throw lavish and elaborate dinners. If you do : rush to the basement of Century 21 downtown and get what you need for very low prices. Large room, clean even if some furnitures could look fresher (my couch). Very nice desk service, helpful and warm. My only concerns were : the TV service and image quality were really not good and that housekeeping was sometimes very late in the afternoon. But everytime I asked the desk that my room be made earlier, they gladly complied. I think this is a perfect deal for families or people like me who don't like to eat in restaurants all the time and like to to cook for their friends.

Room Tip: Suites d'angle vue sur East-river très beaux levers de soleil
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo

Thanks for the lovely review, Renaud!

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We're happy that you loved our convenient location and spacious rooms. We strive to provide our guests with warm hospitality, efficient service, and clean rooms. Regarding your concerns with our housekeeping service, we will bring those to the attention of our team as we continue to improve for the future.

We'd love to share a more positive experience with you next time. Have a beautiful day!

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights with my wife on the 3rd floor. Staff were all kind and helpful. One of doorman ride my car to find a parking space at 10pm.
The room condition isn't perfect, but this is nyc, so you'll just have to lump it

Q Subway entrance right in front of hotel, And a supermarket, liquor store, pizza spot within 5 minutes.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the great review, Sangmin!

We're happy you enjoyed your experience with us! The happiness and satisfaction of our guests is important to us and we endeavor to offer quality comfort and service for our guests. That's what we like to see!

We look forward to sharing an even better experience with you soon! Have a lovely day!

Reviewed October 7, 2018

Front desk staff nice.
Location good and rooms size good but it is a bit dirty. Tiles are cracked in the bathrooms, plugs don't fit properly, windows are dirty, carpets and sofas are old...it really needs at the very least to be redecorated and updated but if it were given a thorough renovation it could be awesome.
There is a safe in the room but you could actually just lift up the whole thing and take it!

Room Tip: Best views high up
Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank dagreenspan
AlexK6379, Public Relations Manager at The Marmara Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

While we're glad you appreciated our prime location, it's unfortunate your stay in our hotel didn't exceed your expectations. We regret you weren't entirely satisfied with our furnishings and accommodations. We care deeply about the happiness and satisfaction of our guests so we'll address all of your concerns with our team moving forward.

We do hope you give us another opportunity to share a more positive experience with you soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

I’ve posted this before and I will post it again: I love the Marmara hotel.

It’s not just that it’s so convenient to the Q, the grocery, parks, and restaurants. Or the fact that the rooms are humongous, clean, and comfortable. Or that I had an amazing view of the river from every room in my apartment.

But what I love the most is the people who work here. When I arrived we were greeted my the nicest doorman (Mehmet) and front desk staff (I’m sorry I can’t remember your name!). We were checked in quickly and asked if there was any way our baby carrier we left here in May was still there. Sure enough when we came back down you found it! And we used it the whole trip! Thank you so much for keeping it and finding it. What hotel does that? I’ll tell you: the Marmara.

The housekeeping staff is awesome as well! They are so friendly and accommodating and really do a great job. And “Salamat po” to kuya who always chatted with my son in the elevator. I’ll keep working on my Tagalog so I can speak back to you in our native language when I return.

Because I will return. I have no intention on staying anywhere else. Thanks Marmara for always making me feel so welcomed here.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for the outstanding review, Macncat!

We're delighted your experience with us was so wonderful! We strive to make all of our guests feel welcome and relaxed during their time with us. It's fantastic our team could accommodate your needs and assist you in any way possible. We aim to please and your praise lets us know we're doing our job!

We look forward to sharing another amazing experience with you soon! Have a lovely day!