We planned our first visit of NYC in november 11 and also booked a deluxe room in the New Yorker Hotel. About a week before departure we changed our mind and asked for an upgrade to one of their tower suites. After 4 days of waiting for a response, we got an upgrade offer for 75$ per night... pretty cheap if you compare it to the standard tower suite price.
As we heard about their slightly unfriendly personal we didn´t expect much of the check in.
Unfortunatly their was no upgrade noted in our file, so we had to discuss with the receptionist to get the upgrade for the promised 75$. It seemed that they had mistakenly told us the price of 75$ and now wanted to withdraw their error. But after 20min of talking we managed to get our upgrade.
Room was - for a suite - not too big, but for 4 days and 3 persones it´s ok. Minibar was free, but there was only 1 Coke, 1 Dietcoke and 1 water in it. We had a coffeemachine and 2 big flatscreens for each room. Beds were exeptionally good. View was also superb, as we could directly see the Empire State building from our beds. Windows were able to open for about 10 centimeters. Unfortunatly there were 2 balconys of the other suites directly unter our windows. The first 2 nights we were lucky as nobody used it, but in the third night some spanish or mexican people thought it would be a good idea to invite all their friends to have a nice party on the balcony. Unfortunatly the doors were also very loud an had a large slit so you heard everyone coming and going to the lifts. Bathroom was a bit too small and very hot. The shower was a desaster as you felt like in jail while under it. There didn´t even flow enough water to get the shampoo of your body. By the way, room was nearly top-floor (39 of 40). So liftrides at rush hour took more then 10 min.
The complementary breakfast was a joke (at least for us). Cerials, joghurt and some dry buns, muffins and crossains. Coffee was typicly american, tasted after chlorine and to feel the coffeine you had to drink about 20 cups. We went to TikTokDiner the next days.
Checkout was efficient as you just have to drop you keys in a box if your bill is ok.
All in all it was a very nice stay at this hotel, of course their is room for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Nozio Netplan srl, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York