I've stayed here several times, and will continue to come back. On my last visit the check-in agent at the counter upgraded us to the 32nd floor (highest floor for regular rooms before the penthouse/suite levels) for free, and went out of his way to get us every discount he could, resulting in essentially a free night's stay. Our bill was only about 75% of what we had planned on.
The location can't be beat, we walked absolutely everywhere, thus hotel is very central to most attractions on Manhattan. The rooms are small, but that is to be expected in New York. Be sure to call ahead and reserve a room with a view of the Empire State Building!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York