2,028 results
All reviews the financial district fulton street subway felice restaurant wall street gold street new york lower manhattan boutique hotel battery park quiet location world trade center king suite bathroom door great boutique front desk staff statue of liberty by nyc standards
Reviewed February 16, 2017

When we go to NYC, we tend to prefer staying in the Financial District, especially over the weekend, as it is well connected with everything we want to do but also much quieter and less chaotic. This is the second time we have stayed at Gild Hall and every time we come back, we are more and more inclined to make this our only hotel when visiting the city. The staff were attentive and took good care of not only us, but also our pet. The front desk staff even offered to pet sit while we were out of the hotel and to walk our doggie if we wanted any assistance. Room service was top notch, and we were taken care of, even when we went downstairs to grab a quick drink and ordered some snacks to go. We got a full tray with water, olive oil, breads, salt and pepper from Felice when we were just expecting some to go containers with the food. Really really love this place

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kolby S, Director of Rooms at Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2017

Hello,

Thank you for such a wonderful review about your experience with us at Gild Hall - Thompson hotel. I appreciate you coming back to stay with us for your second time and we love our friendly four legged guest and will always be more than happy to walk your doggie. I hope in the near future we can see you back here at Gild Hall for the third time.

Reviewed February 15, 2017

A really lovely-looking hotel. Our room was huge (especially for NYC) and we had plenty of space to sleep and relax - when we weren't sightseeing! The hotel is located in the Financial District which means you're only a few minutes' walk away from the World Trade Center, Brooklyn Bridge, Seaport District and historic Stone Street. And if you want to head north to explore more of New York then Fulton Street subway is very handily placed a few minutes away.

Date of stay: September 2016
1  Thank markyja

Hello Mark,

Thank you for staying with us at Gild Hall - Thompson hotel but also for taking the time to write a great review about your experience with us. I hope we can get the privilege to host your stay again next time you are in New York City.

Reviewed February 13, 2017

Gild Hall is an absolutely wonderful hotel. Gorgeous, welcoming, large (huge, for NYC) beautiful rooms with excellent amenities and linens. Lovely staff, to a person just great. And the restaurant and bar are lovely and the food truly excellent. At first, we thought the only thing we could think of to complain about was the thermostat not going below 68, but then realized that we had functioning windows -- problem solved! Seriously, this property was wonderful in EVERYway. I can't wait to explore other Thompson properties.

Hello Pamela,

What a magnificent review! Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at Gild Hall - Thompson Hotel but also for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I truly appreciate it as well as the rest of my team. I hope on your next trip to New York City we can see you back here at Gild Hall.

Reviewed February 9, 2017

Great hotel and staff. Stayed last weekend for my husband's birthday and the staff made us feel like VIP's. Great location for exploring FIDI. Also very attentive service and food at the restaurant and bar at Felice located there

1  Thank bleepy

Hello,

Thank you kindly for a wonderful review about your experience with us at Gild Hall - Thompson Hotel. I appreciate you choosing Gild Hall to celebrate your husbands birthday. When you come back to New York City I hope Gild Hall is your first choice to stay as we look forward to seeing you back.

Reviewed February 6, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at The Gild located in the Financial District in NY this past weekend. Everything was excellent. The hotel was very clean, nice ambience, the food at Felice was delicious and the staff was very friendly and attentive. Robert was very hospitable and his assistance and professionalism was top notch. I will definitely return and also check out the other Thompson hotels in NY. My boyfriend truly enjoyed his birthday celebration and we cannot thank Rob enough for his exceptional service.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer R
Kolby S, Director of Rooms at Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2017

Hello Jennifer,

What an amazing review! Thank you truly for the amazing feedback about your experience with us at Gild Hall - Thompson hotel. I will be sure to not only share with Robert about his hospitable and professional service but with our entire team as well. I hope on your next trip to New York City that we all get to see you back here at Gild Hall.